+ Visit Notts. County FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 143

Thread: OT How many more can we take in.

  1. #1

    OT How many more can we take in.

    Population in UK according to the ONS reached 65,688,00 in June 2016.

    When will this Country reach breaking point.

    Personally I think we are at breaking point now.

    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-40372533

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Derby
    Posts
    1,895
    Quote Originally Posted by Oldstripy View Post
    Population in UK according to the ONS reached 65,688,00 in June 2016.

    When will this Country reach breaking point.

    Personally I think we are at breaking point now.

    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-40372533
    I think we passed breaking point a while ago. That is why there is so much unrest now. Hospital waiting lists, lack of homes, doctors appointment times all indicate we have outstripped our quota of immigrants. With the added bonus of multicultural unrest, lack of integration and our governments inability to implement the law of our land on the rising immigrant population we are sitting on a powder keg!

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    4,543
    Quote Originally Posted by Oldstripy View Post
    Population in UK according to the ONS reached 65,688,00 in June 2016.

    When will this Country reach breaking point.

    Personally I think we are at breaking point now.

    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-40372533
    Loads of room up on the top of the moors on that Sheffield to Manchester road.....snake pass?
    Could easily squeeze another million, Afghans, Somalis and assorted riff-raff up there.......what about Lincolnshire?.....mile after mile of flat agricultural land there to concrete over.

  4. #4
    It is possibly too late to do anything lawful to halt the mess that this Country is in, due to unfettered immigration in the past 15 years, we are awash with all kinds of multinational humans, I use that word loosely.

    Far to many that have moved to this Country have, & still are, succeeding into making it facsimile to the ****e holes whence they came.

    To late do do anything "legally", I can see it being a civil uprising, the Liberals & the great unwashed Corbanites need to be put to the sword, kick out EVERY illegal that resides here, that would be a start to getting OUR UK back.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    4,636
    Quote Originally Posted by Drowse View Post
    It is possibly too late to do anything lawful to halt the mess that this Country is in, due to unfettered immigration in the past 15 years, we are awash with all kinds of multinational humans, I use that word loosely.

    Far to many that have moved to this Country have, & still are, succeeding into making it facsimile to the ****e holes whence they came.

    To late do do anything "legally", I can see it being a civil uprising, the Liberals & the great unwashed Corbanites need to be put to the sword, kick out EVERY illegal that resides here, that would be a start to getting OUR UK back.
    Plenty of room left yet. I mean nobody in the UK does a days work do they. Certainly when I have visited lately I wouldn't say its the great unwashed but it's certainly the completely unmotivated. Customer Service is non existent but if I was working for 7 or 8 quid an hour I'd feel the same way.

  6. #6
    If and when we get the Nazi style government that some of the contributors to the thread would like, they'd better hope there's no intelligence tests or they'll be the first ones to the gas chambers.

  7. #7
    Nazi's really ?
    Get a grip man what's wrong with you ?

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by BigFatPie View Post
    If and when we get the Nazi style government that some of the contributors to the thread would like, they'd better hope there's no intelligence tests or they'll be the first ones to the gas chambers.
    Typical lefty smart arse abuse. No answer? Just shout at them and accuse them of being racist/fascist/xenophobic/bigoted or any of the other insults the left use.
    The real fascists are this new breed of hard left bullies.
    Last edited by SmiffyPie; 23-06-2017 at 10:49 AM.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Derby
    Posts
    1,895
    Quote Originally Posted by SmiffyPie View Post
    Typical lefty smart arse abuse. No answer? Just shout at them and accuse them of being racist/fascist/xenophobic/bigoted or any of the other insults the left use.
    BFP is probably one of the most fascist posters on here. Churchill was right when he said the antifascists will become the fascists.

  10. #10
    Quite a few more I reckon.

  11. #11
    Wasn't this under a Home Secretary who would reduce the amount of immigration?

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Derby
    Posts
    1,895
    Quote Originally Posted by Mapperleypie View Post
    Quite a few more I reckon.
    Are you looking to ratchet up the level of discontent a few more notches Mapperley? What's your end goal? Civil war?

  13. #13
    I think the population boom is certainly a problem when paired with a defunded infrastructure to support it.

    The hard right response is to stop more people coming in (and probably to throw some people out), the hard left response is to let everyone in but to throw money at the public sector so that it can cope. As usual, the solution probably lies somewhere in the middle.

    This is a good overview of the effects of UK immigration:
    http://www.economicshelp.org/blog/63...on-uk-economy/

    As I've read elsewhere, the good side is that the majority of new immigrants tend to be young and provide a net contribution to the economy. They take jobs, but they also pay tax, spend earnings and create the need for more jobs. From a purely economic view, immigration is generally a good thing. The trouble is, that's not what people always experience...

    The bad side is the lack of housing, stretched public services and the fact that a wider pool of workers drives down wages. These mean that even though the economy is benefiting on the whole, the reality is that immigration can have a negative effect on ordinary people's lives.

    I don't know what the solution is, but I'm personally sick of this being a dog whistle topic for people from both sides to get angry about. The truth is immigration has good and bad sides, so let's acknowledge them and address the issues.

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by SmiffyPie View Post
    Typical lefty smart arse abuse. No answer? Just shout at them and accuse them of being racist/fascist/xenophobic/bigoted or any of the other insults the left use.
    The real fascists are this new breed of hard left bullies.
    Smiffy, you're better than that. You seemed intelligent when I met you. Did you read Drowsy's post? Not find anything sinister about 'putting people to the sword'?
    The consolation is that someone who cannot discern between 'to' and 'too' won't be much of a danger once the revolution occurs.

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by MagpieTony View Post
    Are you looking to ratchet up the level of discontent a few more notches Mapperley? What's your end goal? Civil war?
    Don't be such a drama-queen. We are currently ranked 53 in the world for population density.

  16. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by DomdomPie View Post
    I think the population boom is certainly a problem when paired with a defunded infrastructure to support it.

    The hard right response is to stop more people coming in (and probably to throw some people out), the hard left response is to let everyone in but to throw money at the public sector so that it can cope. As usual, the solution probably lies somewhere in the middle.

    This is a good overview of the effects of UK immigration:
    http://www.economicshelp.org/blog/63...on-uk-economy/

    As I've read elsewhere, the good side is that the majority of new immigrants tend to be young and provide a net contribution to the economy. They take jobs, but they also pay tax, spend earnings and create the need for more jobs. From a purely economic view, immigration is generally a good thing. The trouble is, that's not what people always experience...

    The bad side is the lack of housing, stretched public services and the fact that a wider pool of workers drives down wages. These mean that even though the economy is benefiting on the whole, the reality is that immigration can have a negative effect on ordinary people's lives.

    I don't know what the solution is, but I'm personally sick of this being a dog whistle topic for people from both sides to get angry about. The truth is immigration has good and bad sides, so let's acknowledge them and address the issues.
    This. It's a bad time to be a centrist atm.

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    4,543
    Quote Originally Posted by Mapperleypie View Post
    Don't be such a drama-queen. We are currently ranked 53 in the world for population density.
    Not quite correct....we're actually 51st after another another load sneaked through the Chunnel.......and the vast majority of those "more dense" than us are small islands and territories ie Macau, Hong Kong, Monaco, Bermuda, Grenada, Guam, Samoa, Guernsey, Saint Lucia....the list goes on.

    You should compare the UK to actual countries ie we are now MORE densely populated than Pakistan - 56th (wow!), Germany - 58th, Italy 65th, China - 84th, Indonesia - 87th, Denmark - 89th, France 92nd....WE ARE OVER 100% MORE DENSELY POPULATED THAN OUR NEAREST NEIGHBOUR - FRANCE......need I say more?

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Derby
    Posts
    1,895
    Quote Originally Posted by Mapperleypie View Post
    Don't be such a drama-queen. We are currently ranked 53 in the world for population density.
    I don't care where we are on some random list. We do not have the infrastructure to support uncontrolled immigration, neither do we have the political common sense or courage to ensure successful and necessary integration. I am not against immigration but we need to have a control over both the numbers and the vetting of people we allow in to our Country.

  19. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by MagpieTony View Post
    I don't care where we are on some random list. We do not have the infrastructure to support uncontrolled immigration, neither do we have the political common sense or courage to ensure successful and necessary integration. I am not against immigration but we need to have a control over both the numbers and the vetting of people we allow in to our Country.
    I actually agree with a lot of this, but suspect our solutions would be very different.

    Leaving the EU, certainly, is something I would see as a disaster for being able to control immigration in a way that I think people want. I'll never quite understand why we never bothered to use the curtails on freedom of movement that we could've done whilst a member.

  20. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by MagpieTony View Post
    BFP is probably one of the most fascist posters on here. Churchill was right when he said the antifascists will become the fascists.
    Tell you what Tone, don't bother posting anymore, I'll just read the Daily Mail from now on, whatever is in that one day tends to be your thoughts the next.

    What do you think to the post above which wants to put an entire group of people "to the sword" based on their political beliefs?

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •