+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Build For The Championship

Quote Originally Posted by lbj View Post
    "They"....let me on MM to prove how lucky I am. As intelligent people "They" agree with everything I've said including the soccer psychologist team. One of which has the highest coaching badges and say Stubbs is a coaching icon and the rest of MM must be MAD to Diss him!

Looks good from where I'm sat frog....you appear to have some issues - according these - very nice people....must go - time for my massage.
    I have many issues on many fronts. One is not repeating myself and letting it fall on deaf ears.

I used to teach and I used the Rote system which is the safest system for what I taught. It is the same method used for teaching kids the times table. You have used a simular method in you views of stubbs.
    I deliberatly chose the times tables to highlight something you should take on board. When kids have learned their times tables they move on and learn other things. They come back to them as a point of reference when needed.
    Lots on MillersMad have been taught by you the way things would have and should have happened whilst Stubbs was in charge by your repeating the same thing in Rote style. Now we've moved on and will continuosly use it as a reference.

lbj your job is done.

Please let us get back on topic.

Would you prefer to be building over a long spell to get back into the Championship?

Or

Would you prefer to be back there struggling and adding when we can?

Quote Originally Posted by lbj View Post

How can we ignore lbj - kill lbj...etc
    AS IF you are STILL bringing that up! It just goes to show what a big girl's blouse you are. Much Ado About Nothing. The Mods investigated, saw it was a light-hearted comment, not a treat IN ANY WAY, and realised what an absolute weapon you are.

I don't think it makes much of a difference what we do tbh. The VERY best we can EVER hope for without a billionaire chairman is scrapping to avoid relegation from the Championship.

That said, IF we ever do get the chance to be promoted again, I would rather we had a settled squad that only needs a few additions, not wholesale changes.

Quote Originally Posted by Ellis_D View Post
    I don't think it makes much of a difference what we do tbh. The VERY best we can EVER hope for without a billionaire chairman is scrapping to avoid relegation from the Championship.

That said, IF we ever do get the chance to be promoted again, I would rather we had a settled squad that only needs a few additions, not wholesale changes.

Yes, would prefer we put more solid foundations in place on and off the field, and get savvy in the transfer market to support that - will be interested to see the progress or otherwise of Burton and Barnsley - hope they both do well again

We went up before we were ready. We were still stabilising after the Booth/ Millmoor fiasco. No one at the club expected Championship football so soon and we were caught with our pants down. We did well to stay up at all because we weren't ready financially or inferstructurally, teamwise, training facility wise or even Dennis Wise .
    Next time, we will be ready and we'll fare well.

If the plans go ahead (guest & chrimes) that will give the club extra cash won't it?

Get bouncing

Quote Originally Posted by millertop View Post
    If the plans go ahead (guest & chrimes) that will give the club extra cash won't it?

Get bouncing
    It'll give TS extra cash.

A very important season for my club , when is there an unimportant one ?

The model in which we operate has now come to the muck or nettles end of things .

We've recruited well and sold on for some very good returns and now we have to rebuild the squad once again , only this time we are doing it at championship level and not from league one .

The model remains in place , young hungry players under 24 years of age from the lower leagues or PL surplus to requirements and given an opportunity a division lower .

Having banked a good profit we have given ourselves the opportunity to secure the better lower league talent , we've just bought the lad from Luton for a million quid but that's about as far as we will go I believe in terms of expenditure , Hecky clearly rates the lad .

What will happen this season who knows , looking at 8 or 9 new young players arriving and we could yet lose Roberts and Yiadom before august .

To tell the truth this could be a difficult season and we may struggle to survive this time , hopefully not but the model is under close scrutiny this season .

If we go down then we may have to rethink our policy going forward .

Personally I hope you stay up I admire your clubs philosophy and it proves what can be done with a structure and all working together.

UTM

Quote Originally Posted by Pocket rocket View Post
    Personally I hope you stay up I admire your clubs philosophy and it proves what can be done with a structure and all working together.

UTM
    Appreciate that rocket and hopefully yourselves can have a better season than last , although on the face of it that shouldn't be too difficult .

You should be at least competing for a play off place in my opinion and I don't buy into the free fall theory at all , Warne may not be spectacular but he's solid .

Your one of the bigger clubs in league one and you should be up there giving it a good go this time around .

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast