+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Build For The Championship

I thought plan 'A' last season was the start of this building process. Budget players to be Polished by a management team with a track record of "Polishing"
    ( the Everton way )....and to survive using a Burton model.

But NR & AS projects were both bottled - but I think Stubbs "team" had the edge on developing young players and knowing the bright young things out there for us to loan and / buy cheaper ( as not yet the finished article )

Izzy & Fry were testiment to the teams knowledge ( of the young - potential GEMS ).

SURVIVAL in the championship was key yet TS bottled it but under severe pressure from un- knowledgeable fans. Me excluded - obviously !

How can we ignore lbj - kill lbj...etc

Now we're trying the same project with a poor management team ( comparitively )
    And in league one and an even lower budget.....

To progress we need to develop the team that's for sure, but off the pitch we also have to develop the club finances, not just depending on TS and his mates.

Quote Originally Posted by caytonmiller View Post
    Even if we build a great young squad and get promoted, money dictates they will be sold off to try keep us there
    Yeah i suppose but if you sell a young potential player nowadays especially in the championship you can receive several millions for that player and if we had say 4 or 5 decent young players who have improved then we have at least 20 million pounds of assests there. Barnsley and Brentford have done very well with that.

Brentford signed Moses Odubajo for 1 million and sold him to Hull for 3.5 million a year later. They signed Andre Gray from Luton for just a few hundred pound and sold him to Burnley for 6 million pound just a year later too. They also signed Scott Hogan for just 700k and sold him for 12 million to Aston Villa 2 and a half years later. That is called ambition and how it should be done, theres so many other examples as well.

Quote Originally Posted by millers88 View Post
    Yeah i suppose but if you sell a young potential player nowadays especially in the championship you can receive several millions for that player and if we had say 4 or 5 decent young players who have improved then we have at least 20 million pounds of assests there. Barnsley and Brentford have done very well with that.

Brentford signed Moses Odubajo for 1 million and sold him to Hull for 3.5 million a year later. They signed Andre Gray from Luton for just a few hundred pound and sold him to Burnley for 6 million pound just a year later too. They also signed Scott Hogan for just 700k and sold him for 12 million to Aston Villa 2 and a half years later. That is called ambition and how it should be done, theres so many other examples as well.

Quote Originally Posted by lbj View Post
    I thought plan 'A' last season was the start of this building process. Budget players to be Polished by a management team with a track record of "Polishing"
    ( the Everton way )....and to survive using a Burton model.

But NR & AS projects were both bottled - but I think Stubbs "team" had the edge on developing young players and knowing the bright young things out there for us to loan and / buy cheaper ( as not yet the finished article )

Izzy & Fry were testiment to the teams knowledge ( of the young - potential GEMS ).

SURVIVAL in the championship was key yet TS bottled it but under severe pressure from un- knowledgeable fans. Me excluded - obviously !

How can we ignore lbj - kill lbj...etc

Now we're trying the same project with a poor management team ( comparitively )
    And in league one and an even lower budget.....
    Some will ignor, some will want to kill but personally I just wish the medics would take your computer off you.

We are where we belong, can't see us doing another promotion any time soon. Not enough investment to hold our own in championship, the way the chairman chucked the towel in after his disastrous appointments speaks volumes get used to league 1. Hotel booked for Fleetwood UTM!!

Yeah I agree miller 88 but how many of these players do you need per season for a team like the Millers to compete/survive in the championship?
    If we're aspiring to be a Brentford/Barnsley type club then yoyo between league one and championship is were we will be... Tbh what's the point. It's a stupid game. Meh not sure why we love it 😔

Quote Originally Posted by millers88 View Post

This

"They"....let me on MM to prove how lucky I am. As intelligent people "They" agree with everything I've said including the soccer psychologist team. One of which has the highest coaching badges and say Stubbs is a coaching icon and the rest of MM must be MAD to Diss him!

Looks good from where I'm sat frog....you appear to have some issues - according these - very nice people....must go - time for my massage.

Quote Originally Posted by caytonmiller View Post
    Even if we build a great young squad and get promoted, money dictates they will be sold off to try keep us there
    Bang on the money Cayton. For proof? Barnsley. They got a terrific atmosphere in the squad. Then the vultures circled.

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast