+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Build For The Championship

Quote Originally Posted by Pocket rocket View Post
    Personally I hope you stay up I admire your clubs philosophy and it proves what can be done with a structure and all working together.

UTM

I too agree it is a great way to go but where do your heros come from? By that I mean how do you get attached to a player who when he starts doing really well for you and everyone has his name ont back of their shirts he is sold.

When do you build a team to challenge? Surely Barnsley are going to mount a challenge one season but with which players and when?

Not only are the players at risk of leaving but if the financial success continues when will you have to replace your manager?

The bringing up of old issues is important because of the "issues" not me!

Lest we forget....for me is important....

BUT.....

Brushing under the carpet....is important to others.

Because my resounding memories of 2016 / 17 season was the atrocious behaviour of our own fans barating a manager without financial or "professional" support from the club and he worked with what he was given.

He didn't run a KJ mile.

He bought the best he could afford and used his substantial knowledge of the great British U21 league to bring in key players ( on loan )....then under great time and fan pressure ( THE CLUB ) brought in freebies....that is DB & KW.

The fans didn't understand the tactics of survival then and probably still don't!

Burtons season went a similar way to ours with the major exception they maintained a manager that knew football!

The fans denigrated our then manager as from Scottish rubbish...despite his quite exceptional playing / coaching career at the highest level. And not least his rebuilding a club from nothing to nearly winning the league and cup double.( only losing to Rangers ) and some dubious referees decisions.

Unadulterated and relentless garbage aimed at the man who was platting watter for US !

Fans screaming at the managers from just below the Royal Box at NYS would NOT have gone down too well - morons.

Yet - in football terms you could see the manager MANAGING !

A TOTAL DISGRACE AND I WAS ASHAMED TO BE ASSOCIATED WITH ROTHERHAM FANS WHO PARTICIPATED IN THE WITCH HUNT.

AND THEY WERE WRONG.

LOOK WHAT THEY GOT INSTEAD !

A BIG LESSON TO BE LEARNED - YES - FOR SOME !

BUT THE TIMING WAS A CRUCIAL PART OF ROTHERHAM UNITED's HISTORY!

At no other time in Rotherham United's history.....We'll - NO.....the treatment of Alan Knill was similar.....based on ignorance - his head was called for blindly on "RESULTS".....after what he did for the club:

"Knill made himself a Millmoor hero this term. Despite beginning the season with a 10 point deficit, Knill steered the club amazingly to 19th in the table.

A downturn of fortunes followed and Rotherham sold top players Will Hoskins and Lee Williamson to Watford"

After Alan's sacking I didn't go to watch for several years - such was my disgust at the club and fans.

I feel the same today - if it were only I - I wouldn't go - but others need me too so I will reluctantly attend but last season has tainted the club as less than professional and worse gullible.

The tail is shaking the dog at the NYS .

PW is TS's MAN - There is no doubt of that - a company man that will not bring any external excellence to the club.
    Benal management of high energy chasing ( "The Rotherham Way" ) ok for this league - but "Quality"...NO..!

For our position - in growth mode - Plan 'A' with Stubbs and his development team was a supreme piece of business for Rotherham United - JUST WHAT WE NEEDED. Enticed to the club with embryonic tales of an Everton style training facility. STUBBS would have paid us back in enticing Izzy type players - typically the Fleetwood new signing that would have crawled to Rotherham if Stubbs were still here.

And what have we got now - we saw the way to the stars and didn't have the class to recognise it.....poor form and sadly lacking in football knowledge - full stop.

PS....Naturally...just my opinion.
    Based on research and many football / life experiences.

God help us all if someone thinks otherwise....I tried to stop the B-Sh!t I read while AS was still with us to try and save our season - because I knew he was our only and best chance of survival / progress. But B-Sh!t has it's followers and we lost AS to gain PW....OMG and guaranteed relegation.

PW has already proved his worth....now "Give him a break" - from Club moles....he'll be here for years - might as well go to 'Owlerton' - whippet's 'R' US..
    Run run run Rotherham....

Sunday league football !

Not looking forward to it at all.
    Clapper but not a happy one.....

Yes lbj I totally agree that Stubbs is a fantastic manager. That's why his new club is doing so well.......Oh wait.

As I mentioned earlier, I'm more optimistic than a month ago in that I believe any thoughts of a second successive relegation have been dispelled by our recent transfer activity. That said, I have to question exactly what is Warne's remit and what is he trying to do.

None of the new recruits can be classed as Championship quality and the rumoured impending arrival of Proctor, Moore and Emmanuel would lend further support to that. We've lost our only Championship quality players in Ward and, in my opinion, Smallwood so we haven't even begun to build a team capable of competing in the Championship. All I can see here are the makings of a solid, higher mid-table League 1 team - which probably equates to our current standing in the football hierarchy.

If stability is the first step in a longer term agenda then so be it, although we're not renowned for foresight or strategic planning. What is lacking is any evidence of ambition. Stop the rot seems the primary order of the day. If, by some miracle, we were destined for a quick return to the Championship our task would be far greater as we'd undoubtedly be far behind the squad who last made that transition - in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by leedsmiller View Post
    As I mentioned earlier, I'm more optimistic than a month ago in that I believe any thoughts of a second successive relegation have been dispelled by our recent transfer activity. That said, I have to question exactly what is Warne's remit and what is he trying to do.

None of the new recruits can be classed as Championship quality and the rumoured impending arrival of Proctor, Moore and Emmanuel would lend further support to that. We've lost our only Championship quality players in Ward and, in my opinion, Smallwood so we haven't even begun to build a team capable of competing in the Championship. All I can see here are the makings of a solid, higher mid-table League 1 team - which probably equates to our current standing in the football hierarchy.

If stability is the first step in a longer term agenda then so be it, although we're not renowned for foresight or strategic planning. What is lacking is any evidence of ambition. Stop the rot seems the primary order of the day. If, by some miracle, we were destined for a quick return to the Championship our task would be far greater as we'd undoubtedly be far behind the squad who last made that transition - in my opinion.
    I've got mixed feelings about what is happening to be honest Leeds.
    Successive managers at Sheffield United put together squads that they said would be able to compete in the Championship. The problem was that none of them achieved promotion from League 1.
    6 years later Chris Wilder came along and said his first priority was to build a squad which would be capable of getting out of League 1 and he achieved that comfortably at the first attempt. His challenge now is to strengthen in a number of areas to ensure his team can survive in the Championship.
    I suspect that will be easier said than done.
    My feeling is that Warne is initially attempting to follow Wilder's philosophy by putting together a squad that will be able to more than hold their own in League 1 and maybe even challenge for the playoffs. If he achieves that then his first season would have to be viewed as a success compared to the horrors of the last one.
    If we were fortunate enough to get promoted then we would obviously need a significant overhaul of the squad.....again.
    I guess that's just the way it will always be for any small club trying to compete in probably the most unequal league in Europe.

"The way the chairman chucked the towel in after his disastrous appointments speaks volumes get used to league 1."

No......

The Stubbs appointment was an inspired appointment....and the way the chairman chucked the towel in says one of two things....

1.. He panicked under severe pressure from the great un - educated and unwashed.

2 .. He chose to use Stubbs as a scapegoat and cut his losses choosing PW to take us down because KJ wouldn't do it !

I prefer number 1 because I don't want to believe TS is that dubious.....lol.......but I've seen option 2 used in business and politics before and TS is a shrewd business man. No skin off his nose - the adiquate ( alegidly ) budget blown by the manager.......
    ....... although the budget story is now proven Bullsh!t - and all his media friends provided the propaganda - if they wanted another story they had to - the media are easily swayed and some of the propaganda was far too obvious .

Whatever - the Pursehouse years are NOT QUITE back with us....There is some investment and although safety is the key word.....organic growth might just work for us.....stranger things have happened !

But a selling club - for sure....until the financial numbers add up to a safe attack at promotion - if that will ever exist ?

Quote Originally Posted by lbj View Post
    The bringing up of old issues is important because of the "issues" not me!

Lest we forget....for me is important....

BUT.....

Brushing under the carpet....is important to others.

Because my resounding memories of 2016 / 17 season was the atrocious behaviour of our own fans barating a manager without financial or "professional" support from the club and he worked with what he was given.

He didn't run a KJ mile.

He bought the best he could afford and used his substantial knowledge of the great British U21 league to bring in key players ( on loan )....then under great time and fan pressure ( THE CLUB ) brought in freebies....that is DB & KW.

The fans didn't understand the tactics of survival then and probably still don't!

Burtons season went a similar way to ours with the major exception they maintained a manager that knew football!

The fans denigrated our then manager as from Scottish rubbish...despite his quite exceptional playing / coaching career at the highest level. And not least his rebuilding a club from nothing to nearly winning the league and cup double.( only losing to Rangers ) and some dubious referees decisions.

Unadulterated and relentless garbage aimed at the man who was platting watter for US !

Fans screaming at the managers from just below the Royal Box at NYS would NOT have gone down too well - morons.

Yet - in football terms you could see the manager MANAGING !

A TOTAL DISGRACE AND I WAS ASHAMED TO BE ASSOCIATED WITH ROTHERHAM FANS WHO PARTICIPATED IN THE WITCH HUNT.

AND THEY WERE WRONG.

LOOK WHAT THEY GOT INSTEAD !

A BIG LESSON TO BE LEARNED - YES - FOR SOME !

BUT THE TIMING WAS A CRUCIAL PART OF ROTHERHAM UNITED's HISTORY!

At no other time in Rotherham United's history.....We'll - NO.....the treatment of Alan Knill was similar.....based on ignorance - his head was called for blindly on "RESULTS".....after what he did for the club:

"Knill made himself a Millmoor hero this term. Despite beginning the season with a 10 point deficit, Knill steered the club amazingly to 19th in the table.

A downturn of fortunes followed and Rotherham sold top players Will Hoskins and Lee Williamson to Watford"

After Alan's sacking I didn't go to watch for several years - such was my disgust at the club and fans.

I feel the same today - if it were only I - I wouldn't go - but others need me too so I will reluctantly attend but last season has tainted the club as less than professional and worse gullible.

The tail is shaking the dog at the NYS .

PW is TS's MAN - There is no doubt of that - a company man that will not bring any external excellence to the club.
    Benal management of high energy chasing ( "The Rotherham Way" ) ok for this league - but "Quality"...NO..!

For our position - in growth mode - Plan 'A' with Stubbs and his development team was a supreme piece of business for Rotherham United - JUST WHAT WE NEEDED. Enticed to the club with embryonic tales of an Everton style training facility. STUBBS would have paid us back in enticing Izzy type players - typically the Fleetwood new signing that would have crawled to Rotherham if Stubbs were still here.

And what have we got now - we saw the way to the stars and didn't have the class to recognise it.....poor form and sadly lacking in football knowledge - full stop.
    I always love it when I'm reading through the forum. I quite often don't even read the name of the poster until after I have read the post. I do this purposely so I don't have any bias or pre-conceived ideas as to what the post will contain. I always do my very best to be neutral to the post and not automatically discredit it because of who the poster is.

But I can spot yet another lbj lecture a mile away. And it's always a very similar, boring, long rant. And despite a few posters on here saying they have friends on here who no longer post because of this cretin, the mods do nothing.

I have to agree with the lectures from lbj. I detest them but no matter how polite or rude you are to him it doesn't make any different. It's like watching, reading or listening to the same thing over and over again. He writes the same thing and although some things he writes is good and interesting the stuff on Stubbs is just rediculous.

He surely must be doing it on purpose now just to wind us all up.

The way each thread he joins in is steered towards his agenda at the slightest mention of the Stubbs is killing the board for many users including myself.

I am going to ask FootyMad to make a decision on this because it can't keep going on.

Are you from the other board ibj ?

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast