+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Would you take a one last pay day player on,

Would you take a one last pay day player on,

Looking at our forward line it looks to me that they have a lot to prove,under achievers,poor goals per games played,If a player like the old Rodney Fern came just for one season just to show us fans a bit of quality a crafts man of his game would you take him on.For me yes,if he's fit injure free,there as got to be one somewhere.It would be nice to see a bit of quality after last season.

I would, there's many 30 something's who can still do the business but never on the same terms Blackstock got.

Bet he thought all his christmas's had come at once.

Quote Originally Posted by loyalmiller View Post
    I would, there's many 30 something's who can still do the business but never on the same terms Blackstock got.

Bet he thought all his christmas's had come at once.
    I just think a older player with class can learn those around him on the pitch far more than warney could.

The thing is, there was a day when the old pro would drop down from the prem/div 1 for a swan song....doesn't happen these days, they get to 32 and by and large take a media course and retire.....they don't have the desire or need that extra cash.