+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: OT. G&C in new town centre plans

OT. G&C in new town centre plans

Name:  rothbiz%u00252BGuest%u00252B%u00252526%u00252BChrimes%u00252B2017%u00252Bcgi.jpg
Views: 1245
Size:  27.6 KB

The new Rotherham town centre masterplan shows that the club and Historic England are working up plans for the Guest & Chrimes site to become a mixed leisure development. The cgi is from the masterplanners as it is still work in progress...

http://www.rothbiz.co.uk/2017/06/new...rotherham.html

Hurray, summat at last. Thanks Rothbiz.

Let's hope the planning goes ahead, the taps/valves are a good idea for the trouble makers
    Last edited by millertop; 23-06-2017 at 01:11 PM.

some good ideas there, lets hope some of them get the go ahead.
    The main answer for all the empty shops, is just to demolish them and open up the space.

I welcome the ideas Town has been dead for years it needs a face lift .Out of Town shopping malls like Retail world and Meadowhall kill smaller shopping towns. To cope these places need to move with the times a make people want to visit . g/c site is a accident waiting to happen only needs a stay brick or tile to come lose, hit somebody and theirs a great big Law suit directed straight at Rotherham council. Permanent fencing needs to be put up New York way with a gate on the end . A gate at the road leading in to NYS and the Don street entrance needs sprucing up as well. Small details but it makes the place tidy . I still have the unfinished feeling when i walk down New York way. Really hope this happens and the plans are not just talk to get peoples hopes up .

I still don't understand why councils still want town centres full of shops.

Clear the land and build housing instead.

But definitely no mosque

The plans look fantastic and after £400,000 spent on "consultants" over the years who told RMBC FFS GET A CINEMA COMPLEX they have relented.

If this does go ahead it should bring quite a few retailers back and some decent restaurant chains...lets hope were all still alive when its completed

Another work of fiction by RMBC.

Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post
    I still don't understand why councils still want town centres full of shops.

Clear the land and build housing instead.

But definitely no mosque
    I think I have finally realised why you have Victor Meldrew as your photo

Quote Originally Posted by gm_gm View Post
    The plans look fantastic and after £400,000 spent on "consultants" over the years who told RMBC FFS GET A CINEMA COMPLEX they have relented.

If this does go ahead it should bring quite a few retailers back and some decent restaurant chains...lets hope were all still alive when its completed
    That 400,000 is ***** if they are to get their hands on any sort of grants. It also gives the ability for a full audit. Could be money well spent knowing the way councils fundings work.
    I wonder if it's too late to tap into the European aid fund? After all the country will be still paying in for a couple of years yet.

I'm hoping that Sheffield haven't got any leave for objecting to the plans!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast