+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: ot Long hard road ahead...

Hard Brexit = Massive economic instability that would cost hundreds of thousands of jobs and take years to recover from.

Soft Brexit = A controlled exit allowing trade to continue as is, less drama, less instability, no brainer.

Corbyn said something very interesting regarding trade and in particular Airbus. Hard Brexit is unworkable for this company. It has to be staged to allow Airbus to continue to supply the orders it has.

I can't for the life of me see that at the end of these negociations that a trade tarrif won't be set. If that is a simbolic 0.01% which is a fundemental part of French business. Nothing in France can be done FOC there has to be a simbolic ammount be it 1€ in a Million.

There will be a split completely to allow Britain to close its borders.

I think we will be in the shyte worrever happens. Staying in, soft brexit, hard brexit: the poor sods at the bottom of the pile in this country will suffer most as usual.

That's why it's going to be a hard Brexit because the European negotiators will be so obstructive that in the end our Government ( remember them, they're the party that won most seats) will have no option but to say "sod you were out, that's the deal"

All the remoaners have done is to sell us down the river

'Twas DC that 'sold us down the river' and now TM has made that task even harder.....with a needless, poorly conceived and badly done election - sad to say it

Quote Originally Posted by KerrAvon View Post
    Brexit was always going to be a long hard road. Anyone who thought otherwise was either forgetting or ignoring the fact that the terms of our exit would not be decided by the UK alone.

For the politicians, the domestic difficulty is that it will be impossible to deliver what was promised by the Leave campaign. It was always impossible. On immigration, for example, it is inevitable that fairly large numbers of people will continue to arrive, simply because certain industries, notably agriculture and hospitality, will grind to a halt without them.

I don't see the outcome of the election having any bearing upon the negotiating stance that the EU takes. The majority, or lack of one, that May has is, irrelevant to the EU. The reason that she wanted a larger majority was to have a greater chance of exerting her will when the schism within the Tory party over the EU inevitably rears its head.

As for the opposition, it will be interesting to see whether they will work with the government to try to deliver the best deal possible deal for the UK or will put party politics first and simply throw spanners in the works at every turn.
    I seem to recall that just prior to the referendum vote you were undecided
    If the motivation to want the opposition to work with the Gov't is in aid of the National interest why was not a cross party approach appropriate a month ago
    No my friend the Tories & in particular Theresa Mayhem thought she would see off the opposition for good [I think was the term used from hoards of leading Tory MP's [with not a care for " the National interest] It would always have been a good thing to have cross party negotiators on board
    It's one of the oldest tricks in the book when the proverbial starts to fly.... spread the responsibility

"The reason that she wanted a larger majority was to have a greater chance of exerting her will when the schism within the Tory party over the EU inevitably rears its head." [/Quote] & if you believe that you'll believe anything

Let the Tories make a bollox of it it'll just be more work for the legal lot
    It may see them off for good or for a long time
    Dave didn't hang around long after the result last June did he?

Agreed exile , bollox to this cross party nonsense and spread the blame .

If the tories think they can govern as things stand today then let them sort brexit out , their creation after all .

Otherwise call a General Election and if successful let Labour steer the ship to calmer waters within membership of the single market .

I repeat May is toxic as far as the EU are concerned , fast becoming a joke .

Successful negotiations begin with credibility at the table , the tories have none .

Be gone .

Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post
    That's why it's going to be a hard Brexit because the European negotiators will be so obstructive that in the end our Government ( remember them, they're the party that won most seats) will have no option but to say "sod you were out, that's the deal"

All the remoaners have done is to sell us down the river

Aye I remember them with no overall majority ....Strong & Stable & relying on one of the most extreme political entities in the British Isles with the 10 MP's of the DUP set to wag the tail of May's minority Gov't

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123