+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Will Ward be remembered in years to come?

Maybe by the young generation

He will be remembered for his injuries more than anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Monkey46 View Post
    Not that memorable tbh, didn't compare, to the likes of Moore, Alfi, Lee ,Williamson etc. Also spent a lot of time on his arse. No big loss in pub league.
    Why would you compare him with Moore, Alfie & Lee Monkey ?

He was basically a wide left player that had to play up front ...sometimes on his own because we didn`t have an out and out striker.
    Considering he scored as many goals as he did last season ( in a crap team ) I reckon we should be grateful for the effort he put.
    Uncle Colin will get the best out of him.
    He`s a decent snooker player, as is Will Vaulks.
    He also deserves better than League 1. Good business from us getting the fee we did.
    Good Luck Danny.

Some times, most games, just saying never a legend imo Casp. Revs was loads better, harder working, and NOT a legend either.

Revs better. Are you real. D Ward we weren't good enough for him. One of our better players of the last few years.

He was one of our better players last season yes in terms of goals scored.
    Disagree with Warne when he says he didn't sulk he changed once his move didn't go through in January.
    Agree with Monkey if you look back on the total time they were at the club and not just one season Revs was better value for money without doubt.

Pretty much agree with what Roly said except I wouldn`t have said "decent business" getting £1.6 million, I would say excellent business for a player who has potential but in truth has had half a dozen good games in three years.

I'll ALWAYS remember the good goals he scored during his prolific period under Stubbs and seeing him at the centre cicle waiting for the restart as he looked back - hands - despondently on his hips - at the woeful central defence who threw our season away - undermining our club - our season and our manager....and the worst culprit is the o ly one to get a new contract !

Bent as a butchers hook !

Not even anywhere near the top 100 best players to have played for the Millers.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12