+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Will Ward be remembered in years to come?

Will Ward be remembered in years to come?

Not a millers great a few great games.
    A lot of injurys a fair few average performances.
    Not a great goal scoring record.

Don't think he will be prolific at Cardiff.
    No problem admitting I'm wrong if he is.

To be honest he did his best with minimum support from a struggling team.

My overriding memory of him was his propensity to go down needing treatment for what looked like a fairly weak challenge.

There was one match when instead of quickly passing the ball he decided to pause and fix his floppy fringe hairstyle

But good luck to him and thank you

Good summary JV.
    Don't forget that Ward was known as sicknote for a lot of his time with the Millers, and justifiably so as he seemed to get injured following the slightest of knocks.
    Last season was undoubtedly his best despite playing in a useless team.
    He will now get some top class coaching from Ronnie Jepson and his game should improve considerably.
    Personally I think his best position is playing out on the left and I wouldn't be surprised if that's where Warnock uses him.

Not that memorable tbh, didn't compare, to the likes of Moore, Alfi, Lee ,Williamson etc. Also spent a lot of time on his arse. No big loss in pub league.

Danny who? I think in time he'll be remembered more for being injury prone than prolific.

Years ago Cardiff signed Fortune-West from us and within months they loaned him out to Brentford, I reckon it won't be long before Ward is being loaned out too.

Think he was a trier. He played in a crap team and was often left alone up front, so it was difficult to say how good he was. His injury problems were very frustrating. He did score some good goals and was a good header of the ball but he did miss some absolute sitters at key times. It will be interesting to see how he gets on with a decent team. I would thank him for his efforts but don't think he will go down as a legend. I think the reported 1.6m is decent business for him.

Quote Originally Posted by rolymiller View Post
    Think he was a trier. He played in a crap team and was often left alone up front, so it was difficult to say how good he was. His injury problems were very frustrating. He did score some good goals and was a good header of the ball but he did miss some absolute sitters at key times. It will be interesting to see how he gets on with a decent team. I would thank him for his efforts but don't think he will go down as a legend. I think the reported 1.6m is decent business for him.
    I'd remember revell forever for that goal at Wembley and maybe lee camp for saving 2 penalties in a single game. Danny ward however nope I will forget him didn't do anything memorable for me.

Not for me either had one good season spent the rest been injured. To put him in the same mould as Towner, Moore, Fern and most of the 81 side. Lee , ALF and some other more recent players is embarrassing . We made a million out of him only because the transfer market is ****ed. Irony is if he does well and we have a sell on in place we will get paid again.

Quote Originally Posted by PokerMillersSwinton View Post
    Not for me either had one good season spent the rest been injured. To put him in the same mould as Towner, Moore, Fern and most of the 81 side. Lee , ALF and some other more recent players is embarrassing . We made a million out of him only because the transfer market is ****ed. Irony is if he does well and we have a sell on in place we will get paid again.
    I agree, except it was more like one good half-season. A one-goal-in-every-five-appearances type forward rarely becomes a legend at any club... the problem is, he was better than any other forward that we currently have on our books!
    Last edited by mikemiller; 23-06-2017 at 07:37 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast