+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Standing room only

Standing room only

It appears standing at football matches is on the verge of returning

Anyone like to see it at NYS??

Not bothered to be honest now got used to seats. Looking forward to Fleetwood to stand there though.

ooooh instant ground expansion lol.

I think people get a bit misty eyed over this, remembering the times on the tivoli etc, but i don't think you can safely replicate that to be honest. Part of the thrill, for me, was the swaying and bouncing, by the same token it was without doubt risky. I stand in the north stand, but i'm on the back row, so don't cause no bother!, it's also nice to be able to sit down when things arent going our way sometimes....

See it every match at NYS....just not allowed but still happening when something exciting happened....like Taylor hitting the crossbar v Newcastle....and pressuring the best team in the league onto the back foot for long periods........excitement like that is a credit to the manager.....What a performance....NYS buzzing !

Who was that quiet guy....nice man to talk to but very focused on the job...!
    He knew his football though and that's all that counts....!

Bottom end of "Kop" should have the standing bars fitted all way across..that should Quadruple fans / sq-m. And provide better singing / atmosphere...Imo!

It never went away in reality.

Every game at NYS has fans standing at both the home and away ends.

Quote Originally Posted by lbj View Post
    See it every match at NYS....just not allowed but still happening when something exciting happened....like Taylor hitting the crossbar v Newcastle....and pressuring the best team in the league onto the back foot for long periods........excitement like that is a credit to the manager.....What a performance....NYS buzzing !

Who was that quiet guy....nice man to talk to but very focused on the job...!
    He knew his football though and that's all that counts....!

Bottom end of "Kop" should have the standing bars fitted all way across..that should Quadruple fans / sq-m. And provide better singing / atmosphere...Imo!
    I don't think safe standing makes a difference to ground capacity

The new standing bars for the kop only....much more compatible to an "atmosphere"....relatively cheap steelwork to do....original stadium designers - piece of cake....get it done !

Well it should....two deep looking over the shoulders so double the capacity in that area ... without danger....the concrete "steps" are easily big enough....cosy in winter....lol

I used to sit at matches even when you could stand so unless they make the West stand terraced I'm not bothered.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast