+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Standing room only

Quote Originally Posted by lbj View Post
    Well it should....two deep looking over the shoulders so double the capacity in that area ... without danger....the concrete "steps" are easily big enough....cosy in winter....lol
    I think you're still allocated a seat number when you buy a ticket, you just stand up.

Think it's a good idea in certain areas (leave west stand alone) people like mmm can go there and pretend they're young idiots again

Every time I've stood on terrace at away games (wasn't many) last few seasons I've got into an argument

I think it's a stupid idea made for stupid people. If they got rid of seats I'd stop going. Not to mention how **** it would make the stadium look.

Attachment 5066

It would look something like this

I've wanted safe standing back for years...we deserve a choice.
    It works really well in Germany....not the same style as the old terracing though as I do think that style isn't safe...complete rails full length across is the way...ROLL ON SAFE STANDING !!!

And better pricing!!!

Quote Originally Posted by millertop View Post
    Attachment 5066

It would look something like this
    Looks like podiums for a crappie game show.

(I rest my case)

We used to have a great atmosphere at Millmoor. And then we were forced to go all seater. I said at the time we would go down because our fans had always been our 12th man and all of a sudden there was no atmosphere. All seating killed it. So I would love to bring back some terracing, but obviously only in the North Stand. We should accommodate 500-1000 and see how it goes. I think it would help massively.

Do it at the back of the North Stand so it doesn't affect the boring people who just want to sit down and remain silent the whole match.

Quote Originally Posted by Karl998yr View Post
    It appears standing at football matches is on the verge of returning

Anyone like to see it at NYS??
    Would be one way of increasing the capacity at lower cost (I assume)

The atmosphere would be much better,they are trialling it at West Brom I think this season.UTM!!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast