+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Brexit

Brexit

I see the Eurocrats are flexing thei muscles in the negotiations already. And it can only get worse. Up yours Junker!

This is a farce. I voted for Brexit and i still want Brexit. I'm not going to go into all the exact reason's why and I certainly am not going to respond to the pathetic, condescending w***ers who try and tell me I didn't know what I was voting for. I did, absolutely, believe me!

However, this is a farce for several reasons! The time it took to get started, the time it's taking to complete and the pure f***ing arrogance of every political deadbeat from the PM of Luxembourg?, it's got a population half the size of one of our great cities ffs, to our PM who is sitting in office in name only! She is a dead duck and she knows it! I voted for Conservative, not because of her but because I didn't want a Marxist Government run by loonies! Diane Abbot and Emily Thronberry? Give me f**king strength!

May will not contest the next General Election, that is a given..... but this Government has to negotiate the immediate Brexit deal, and negotiate they must, and hard! They shouldn't have to show their hand at the whim of any opposition request, that would mean to show our cards to the EU before we'd even looked at them to place an opening bet! There is also no 'Hard, or Soft Brexit'! That is pure bull****e! Brexit means leaving leaving the single market agreement because it is one of the pillars of the foundations of the union also which includes the free movement of people. Simple as that! What's free about it anyway? We pay the *******s billions per week for the pleasure! The only people having a laugh here are unelected, damn near irreplacable sitting and getting pissed at our expense in Brussels! F**k em!

David Davis and his team ought to offer them nothing more than explain if push comes to shove we'll take the WTO option, leave it that way only until the New Year then walk away showing them famous two fingers. Our biggest trading partner is the U.S, and there isn't a free trade agreement there, neither is there a free trade deal with many other countries and the EU but that doesn't hinder any dealing, and deals work two ways....not only the EU's!
    Last edited by theplater; 23-06-2017 at 11:05 PM.

Whatever it may be that you want to do, if you want it to be a success then it must be done properly, you need to know what you are doing. Nobody in our government knows what the hell they are doing regarding Brexit and neither do any of the other parties. So what is the point? If the result is going to be a disaster, then why bother? I believe that what most people voted for will not be delivered, so why bother? The members of parliament should adhere to their own beliefs and vote down Brexit, we'll all be better off. I'm sorry to say that anyone that thinks otherwise is deluding themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by kettering_baggie View Post
    Whatever it may be that you want to do, if you want it to be a success then it must be done properly, you need to know what you are doing. Nobody in our government knows what the hell they are doing regarding Brexit and neither do any of the other parties. So what is the point? If the result is going to be a disaster, then why bother? I believe that what most people voted for will not be delivered, so why bother? The members of parliament should adhere to their own beliefs and vote down Brexit, we'll all be better off. I'm sorry to say that anyone that thinks otherwise is deluding themselves.
    Hello Ketts, been a long time since we've had a chat. I don't agree with your view but I do agree you have a right to say it. I have tried to keep away from most of the political bashing, from both sides and also because politics doesn't limit itself to any preferential side. Half of my family goes one way, I go the other but I'm not going to fall out with any of them for it. My partner wouldn't even tell me which way she voted because she was worried she might upset someone. I never pushed her to tell me so I still don't know and it doesn't bother me in the slightest. Life is too short. All the best to you and yours. Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by kettering_baggie View Post
    How can MPs democratically elected vote to drop Brexit between themselves when the choice to stay or go was put to the people of the country and the majority of those who voted chose to leave? The answer is, of course, thy can't. If they do then we will become a Fascist state rather than a democratic one.
    Let me add I voted remain, my wife voted leave, but I am happy to go with the majority and get it over with ASAP as every remain voter should.

The bottom line is, that as a nation we voted to leave the EU. That should be the end of it! Too many non entities who voted to remain are 'putting their oar in'. Ex politicians, luvvies and the like. Nothing to do with them.

My take is pretty simple. Brexit is a disaster, its ruining our economy and our country. And for what benefit? Someone above has said he knew exactly what he was voting for when he voted leave. How? Its such a grey area, the only certainty we had was to vote remain. Voting leave was a gamble, you didn't know if this meant in/out of the single market or the customs union or the ECHR.

Shocking vote, with an unbelievable result with disastrous consequences. One year ago we essentially voted to make ourselves poorer.

The EU by the way are not 'bullying' us as the toerag right wing press like to point out. But we have commitments to honour and we are no longer a member so their first priority is the EU and not the UK, oddly enough. If anything we have pissed them about by having an utterley useless PM who invoked article 50 and then called a general election. Piss up and brewery come to mind, by those very people who are negotiating on our behalf. How sad a position we are now in

She should have used the "£350m per week savings" and the "Keep the Refugees in Calais" lies as a bloody good excuse to sack Mugwump Johnson, or at least get him to give a grovelling apology to the Electorate. And, while I'm at it, she should get a Bill passed to imprison any MPs who don't tell the truth when addressing the Public at any Election time.

I said this a year ago and I still believe it to be true.

To those of you who voted Leave things won't be as good as you hope,

To those of you who voted Remain things won't be a bad as you fear.

Quote Originally Posted by theplater View Post
    This is a farce. I voted for Brexit and i still want Brexit. I'm not going to go into all the exact reason's why and I certainly am not going to respond to the pathetic, condescending w***ers who try and tell me I didn't know what I was voting for. I did, absolutely, believe me!

However, this is a farce for several reasons! The time it took to get started, the time it's taking to complete and the pure f***ing arrogance of every political deadbeat from the PM of Luxembourg?, it's got a population half the size of one of our great cities ffs, to our PM who is sitting in office in name only! She is a dead duck and she knows it! I voted for Conservative, not because of her but because I didn't want a Marxist Government run by loonies! Diane Abbot and Emily Thronberry? Give me f**king strength!

May will not contest the next General Election, that is a given..... but this Government has to negotiate the immediate Brexit deal, and negotiate they must, and hard! They shouldn't have to show their hand at the whim of any opposition request, that would mean to show our cards to the EU before we'd even looked at them to place an opening bet! There is also no 'Hard, or Soft Brexit'! That is pure bull****e! Brexit means leaving leaving the single market agreement because it is one of the pillars of the foundations of the union also which includes the free movement of people. Simple as that! What's free about it anyway? We pay the *******s billions per week for the pleasure! The only people having a laugh here are unelected, damn near irreplacable sitting and getting pissed at our expense in Brussels! F**k em!

David Davis and his team ought to offer them nothing more than explain if push comes to shove we'll take the WTO option, leave it that way only until the New Year then walk away showing them famous two fingers. Our biggest trading partner is the U.S, and there isn't a free trade agreement there, neither is there a free trade deal with many other countries and the EU but that doesn't hinder any dealing, and deals work two ways....not only the EU's!
    Give that man a CIGAR.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)