+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hi everyone, a few thoughts

Hi everyone, a few thoughts

Hi Guys,

Thought I'd drop in and say hello. Good to see some familiar faces still posting (roge....couldn't keep away? angry et al).

So just a few thoughts on where we are and what's happening atm.

Rowett wouldn't have been my choice. I prefer to be entertained through good football, rather than this physical approach he likes.

Obviously very disappointed to See hughes ago. Such a talented young footballer (people forget how young he is). Can't believe what a relatively poor fee we're getting for him, although more than 500k :-D . It's the right time to sell because he clearly isn't rowett's type of player. With reports saying he wants glenn whelen as a replacement, I think that says it all. Not that he's a bad player but he's 33 and a thug.

We're taking a huge risk letting this kind of young talent go and replacing with old men. I think mel morris is showing a lot of faith in GR letting him take this approach. If it works great. If not, we're left with an ever aging team on high wages.

Having said that, our buying so far has been good. Davies at £500k is a snip. I think wisdom's a great signing at a good price. I really hope we can get joe ledley, I'd much prefer him to whelen.

Anyway, I hope you're all well. If anyone was wondering why I left, several reasons but the main one is that the ads on the site got ridiculous, so ridiculous that my laptop struggles to run the site with a frickin i7 processor! I've had to type this out on outlook, copy and paste because the site's ads make it unusable.

P.S. I'd forgotten all about my avatar Angry LOL.
    Last edited by Rapid; 23-06-2017 at 08:19 PM. Reason: Angry Ram Tribute!

Quote Originally Posted by Rapid View Post
    Hi Guys,

Thought I'd drop in and say hello. Good to see some familiar faces still posting (roge....couldn't keep away? angry et al).

So just a few thoughts on where we are and what's happening atm.

Rowett wouldn't have been my choice. I prefer to be entertained through good football, rather than this physical approach he likes.

Obviously very disappointed to See hughes ago. Such a talented young footballer (people forget how young he is). Can't believe what a relatively poor fee we're getting for him, although more than 500k :-D . It's the right time to sell because he clearly isn't rowett's type of player. With reports saying he wants glenn whelen as a replacement, I think that says it all. Not that he's a bad player but he's 33 and a thug.

We're taking a huge risk letting this kind of young talent go and replacing with old men. I think mel morris is showing a lot of faith in GR letting him take this approach. If it works great. If not, we're left with an ever aging team on high wages.

Having said that, our buying so far has been good. Davies at £500k is a snip. I think wisdom's a great signing at a good price. I really hope we can get joe ledley, I'd much prefer him to whelen.

Anyway, I hope you're all well. If anyone was wondering why I left, several reasons but the main one is that the ads on the site got ridiculous, so ridiculous that my laptop struggles to run the site with a frickin i7 processor! I've had to type this out on outlook, copy and paste because the site's ads make it unusable.

P.S. I'd forgotten all about my avatar Angry LOL.
    This may not be the bit you wanted a response on but this messageboard continues to be awful, I've been asked not to access it at work not because going on social media is against company rules but because it appears to eat bandwidth even when not being actively used. By far rge worst php board my IT bod has come across so he says

I would agree with that I've stopped using at work because it ****s the system up and the ads are a pain.

Rapid - use ad blocker and then using this site on a pc becomes bearable!

Quote Originally Posted by swaledale View Post
    I would agree with that I've stopped using at work because it ****s the system up and the ads are a pain.

Rapid - use ad blocker and then using this site on a pc becomes bearable!
    How's it going swales? Glass still half empty? ;-)

What ad blocker would you recommend mate?

Andy - I know fella. It's actually worse now than when I posted a lot. Like I say, copy and pasting from outlook.

The one called "Ad Blocker" works well Ben. You will also need something called an R4J Blocker but I will leave you to discover that for yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by Rapid View Post
    How's it going swales? Glass still half empty? ;-)

What ad blocker would you recommend mate?

Andy - I know fella. It's actually worse now than when I posted a lot. Like I say, copy and pasting from outlook.
    I'm fine, good to see you back posting. My glass is always half full when it comes to Derby! As always hope builds with the approach of a new season but I'm not expecting that much to be honest, a good start with solid defensive signings but we shall see.

Yep this site takes patience.but onto the rams,Pearson bit the dust,over the Rush fiasco,and now the team needs a spine, Rowett like Pearson,knows fast flowing football,needs top players of a certain calibre,and still a hard spine ,In the Championship on many occasions you have to grind out results.The academy that Clough resurrected,with Wasall,showing results though neglected the last 4 years,on first team recruits ,10 million for Hendricks,and 7-8 million for Hughes ,plus many games under their belt for the first team. Shows the way to a football mindset ,Out of the big splash of cash under the Rush revolution,the change begins,and we find out if we overpaid for the players,Camara gone for free,1.5 million plus wages lost.This is another interesting chapter for Derby fans

Think e all want entertaining flowing football but it's unlikely to get you out of this division As Trevor says you need a physical side to your team its a slog of a season hard uncompromising even having to settle for a point at home if that's what it takes Yes you can get out playing flowing football Huddersfield have but that's the exception

I think fast flowing football is on the cards personally....

Quote Originally Posted by Derby2die4 View Post
    I think fast flowing football is on the cards personally....
    When appropriate and gritty grinding out a result when it isn't.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)