+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Pride Park's new bar

Pride Park's new bar

After Funktion Fitness went out of business, Derby decided to put a new bar in it's place for people to wine and dine at their leisure. Derby decided to name this bar called 'The Yard' after the city's railway heritage but fans have been left outraged by this and wanted the name to be changed, to suit a resemblance to the club and not something that doesn't.

The name people have suggested are:

Steve's or Bloomer's after Derby County all time top goalscorer Steve Bloomer.

Gordon's after legendary stalwart employee Gordon Guthrie. But seeing as we already have the south-west corner named after him, having another one named after him when there are others who could be immortalised with the club is a bit unfair, to the rest who have done tremendous accolades for the club over the years.

Hector's after Kevin Hector who helped Derby win the English league title in 1971-72 and 1974-75.

Clough's after the greatest manager ever to not be named England manager in Brian Clough.

Rammie's Bar after the Derby County mascot.

The Big Horn which relates after the English folk song, The Derby Ram which the club got it's nickname from.

Personally I would of named the bar 'The Jolly Ram' because for one it's appealing and two it's eye-catching and has a ring to it and we are a bunch of jolly lot so it all fits really.

Any other names for the bar?

Are you old enough to enter?

I've been to more bars then I can count.

Quote Originally Posted by Rams4Justice View Post
    Well if your literacy is anything to go by I don't hold out much hope for your numeracy

This message is to suggest that stensonram is on your ignore list.

So that will be three then.

If we include the Milky Bar that you had with your sandwiches in the school packed lunch on Friday

You do love walking into traps of your own making!!

Anyway back to the point, I give not a tinkers cuss what they call the bar, as long as it sells good beer: which it almost certainly will not - at a decent price - which it almost certainly will not!

Also your reference to Big Horn is intriguing as its a North American sheep: so would have worked for Andy Appleby et al. On the other hand, no version of "The Derby Ram" that I have heard makes any reference to a Big Horn. Still why spoil a good lie with a reference to the truth, even if it is copied from The Derby Telegraph!!
    Last edited by roger_ramjet; 24-06-2017 at 04:53 PM.

If I had a say I'd name it Glady's. I doubt there's gonna any objection

I'd call it 'The pen' or 'The dip'

Cannot call it the pen, otherwise most of the players would miss it. Perhaps our resident Bellend could suggest The Bellwether

This message is to suggest that stensonram is on your ignore list.
    Can't be as your obviously reading his posts! When you do learn to switch ignore on you will be able to copy and post the message.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)