+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: So it's 4411 away and 4312 at home generally.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

So it's 4411 away and 4312 at home generally.

Williams and Ball are number 10s. Warne has said that he wants to play Ball as a number 10. I reckon Williams will be a reserve no 10. So from that I have deduced we will either play 4411 or 4312. I reckon we will play 4411 away generally and almost certainly against good sides away and 4312 at home to get at teams. So from this i am going to pick a likely 11 for the game against Fleetwood.

Fleetwood are a good side so i expect we will play 4411. Here's my opening day team..sort of (assuming we get Proctor and the 2 Ipswich lads as rumoured).

O'Donnell
    new lad, Ajayi, Ihiekwe, Mattock
    Forde or Williams, Frecks, Potter, Newell or Taylor
    Ball
    Proctor or new lad from Ipswich

That'll gerrus an opening day point.

If we can get Doidge or some other proven onion bag bulger this could be a good season after all...

Bobs ya flippin uncle
    Last edited by rolymiller; 24-06-2017 at 06:03 PM.

Not sure on formations we're gonna be playing but i can't see Vaulks not playing because Warne seems to like him alot.

Good point - doesn't Potter prefer to play deeper into midfield, i.e. in front of the back four?

Yeah Potter is same type of player as Smallwood so he'll be in the team protecting the back 4 i should imagine but if it's 442 then it's rather 1 of Frecklington and Vaulks playing at the side of him which would be an interesting call unless he puts Vaulks on the right which he has before.

If we go 433 or 451 then all 3 will be in midfield together but that only leaves 1 striker space but with all the strikers we're fetching in i doubt we will go with those formations.

Gonna be interesting to find out what formation we gonna actually play because i can't think of a formation what can get our best 11 into without dropping somebody.

Roly Williams is a winger. Vaulks is going to play. Where's JCH. Bailey-King will come through this season. Him or Newell on the left. Taylor play him on his natural side or don't play him.

O'Donnell

Vaulks Ajayi Ihiekwe Mattock

Williams Potter Frecks Newell

Ball JCH

Quote Originally Posted by rolymiller View Post
    Williams and Ball are number 10s. Warne has said that he wants to play Ball as a number 10. I reckon Williams will be a reserve no 10. So from that I have deduced we will either play 4411 or 4312. I reckon we will play 4411 away generally and almost certainly against good sides away and 4312 at home to get at teams. So from this i am going to pick a likely 11 for the game against Fleetwood.

Fleetwood are a good side so i expect we will play 4411. Here's my opening day team..sort of (assuming we get Proctor and the 2 Ipswich lads as rumoured).

O'Donnell
    new lad, Ajayi, Ihiekwe, Mattock
    Forde or Williams, Frecks, Potter, Newell or Taylor
    Ball
    Proctor or new lad from Ipswich

That'll gerrus an opening day point.

If we can get Doidge or some other proven onion bag bulger this could be a good season after all...

Bobs ya flippin uncle

Well, fingers crossed roly, but that defence is gonna get some proper heading practice in this league and im not so sure...

Wood is a league 1 type player. Stick your head in where it hurts so imo he's a player who must start. Ajayi is a championship type player and from the clips I've seen of lhiekwe he's similar to ajayi.. belaid was never a CB. Ideally he would be suited to a sweeper type role but I guess it's not 1970s
    Only role left would be in front of the back 4 (5 across middle away from home) but if fit, potter will get that roll... Broadfoot and ball I don't think will get much of a chance
    Fullbacks we have fisher, vaukes, purrington and mattock. All very sim type players and all have there problems. Simply down to age I would get fisher and purrington in to get experience

Still think we're short of quality in the middle... potter, Frecks and vaukes are the only real CM we have. Frecks is injured for half the season so relying on just 2 is taking a risk Ok newell can play there but he goes missing to much in games to be effective.
    Take your pick regards the wingers. Bray, Taylor, forde, Williams, Newell. Only Taylor and Newell are proven in league one so they are my shout

Strikers hmmm. JCH a handful on his day and useless when not. Ball proven scorer though more a number 10. Yates is lightweight without pace or experience so will get little change from big burley league 1 defenders
    Need a hold up revell type upfront.
    From a fit full squad I would start
    O'Donnell
    Fisher. Ajayi. Wood. Purrington
    ..............potter..................
    Taylor..... frecks...... Newell
    ................ball.................
    ...........other/big lad

Quote Originally Posted by caytonmiller View Post
    Wood is a league 1 type player. Stick your head in where it hurts so imo he's a player who must start. Ajayi is a championship type player and from the clips I've seen of lhiekwe he's similar to ajayi.. belaid was never a CB. Ideally he would be suited to a sweeper type role but I guess it's not 1970s
    Only role left would be in front of the back 4 (5 across middle away from home) but if fit, potter will get that roll... Broadfoot and ball I don't think will get much of a chance
    Fullbacks we have fisher, vaukes, purrington and mattock. All very sim type players and all have there problems. Simply down to age I would get fisher and purrington in to get experience

Still think we're short of quality in the middle... potter, Frecks and vaukes are the only real CM we have. Frecks is injured for half the season so relying on just 2 is taking a risk Ok newell can play there but he goes missing to much in games to be effective.
    Take your pick regards the wingers. Bray, Taylor, forde, Williams, Newell. Only Taylor and Newell are proven in league one so they are my shout

Strikers hmmm. JCH a handful on his day and useless when not. Ball proven scorer though more a number 10. Yates is lightweight without pace or experience so will get little change from big burley league 1 defenders
    Need a hold up revell type upfront.
    From a fit full squad I would start
    O'Donnell
    Fisher. Ajayi. Wood. Purrington
    ..............potter..................
    Taylor..... frecks...... Newell
    ................ball.................
    ...........other/big lad
    Go with that side but Vaulks in place of Frecks & JCH up front. Proctor if we sign him will have to get the shirt off JCH. That's 2 big forwards. Doidge like him here to challenge Ball for the other forward shirt.

Fisher weak link at back imo.

Jch has to start for me give him a chance with Ball at a number 10 just behind him.

I think fisher may come good this year.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast