shopify analytics
+ Visit Notts. County FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: It could be Buxton

Quote Originally Posted by jacobncfc View Post
    I think describing any player at this level as 'special' is a bit dim, but if someone who has played in the Championship for the last eight years, making some 200 appearances, doesn't count as a 'special' signing for a mid-table League Two team then i'm not entirely sure what does.
    I take your point and I would be happy with the signing but when you hear special I was thinking more Jorge Grant than Jake Buxton..

Would describe Buxton as Solid and reliable which is exactly what we need though..

Quote Originally Posted by seriouspie View Post
    Further to a previous thread I posted.

Nothing as yet confirmed regarding Jake but we are in talks. It's a two horse race but I think if the dosh is right we'll lose out to Burton.
    At this rate we won't sign anyone. I'd have thought maybe a little transfer activity at Notts this week

Quote Originally Posted by Big Bob View Post
    At this rate we won't sign anyone. I'd have thought maybe a little transfer activity at Notts this week
    What's coming out of the club/Hardy is worrying me. He claimed signing were 10 days away well over 10 days ago. And now Nolan is saying he can look at new players now everyone is signed up, Why wasn't he doing that anyway?

Another worry is with 4 new players, we still only have 17 senior players (if you exclude the coaching players and O'Conner), let's hope we have an injury free season

Quote Originally Posted by Iwantmypieback View Post
    What's coming out of the club/Hardy is worrying me. He claimed signing were 10 days away well over 10 days ago. And now Nolan is saying he can look at new players now everyone is signed up, Why wasn't he doing that anyway?
    Thought he had a "shopping list" of players to talk to?

Signed for Burton Albion unsurprisingly on a 1 year deal.

Quote Originally Posted by CmonUSexyStylishPies View Post
    Buxton was never going to sign for us with a Championship club was sniffing around.

Everyone needs to be patient, we will sign players because we have to but let's just wait to see if they are the calibre of player we expected

Sounds like the club don't know what they're doing.

Quote Originally Posted by Carlton_Pie View Post
    Buxton was never going to sign for us with a Championship club was sniffing around.

Everyone needs to be patient, we will sign players because we have to but let's just wait to see if they are the calibre of player we expected
    I think eyes have been taken off the ball. To busy setting up girls academy instead of focusing on the money maker of the first team. Buxton wasn't the right player anyway, we need a strong, physical (and if I'm being greedy, speedy) centre back who is well above 6ft. Duffy wasn't really the issue last year, Hollis was

Quote Originally Posted by marky View Post
    We need to wait to see who the new players are before being critical.
    Last edited by Carlton_Pie; 28-06-2017 at 10:35 AM. Reason: Poor speling

Quote Originally Posted by Iwantmypieback View Post
    I think eyes have been taken off the ball. To busy setting up girls academy instead of focusing on the money maker of the first team. Buxton wasn't the right player anyway, we need a strong, physical (and if I'm being greedy, speedy) centre back who is well above 6ft. Duffy wasn't really the issue last year, Hollis was
    But that those we do end up with will look nice in their new kit.

Yes that was about as certain as it getting dark at the end of the day.

Quote Originally Posted by marky View Post
    What a Stroker !!!!!!!

As I thought he would.

Off the field a real nice family bloke and good pals with Nigel. No distance to travel much from Cromford and more time at home.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12