shopify analytics

Bet for FREE on football and win real cash bet4F is changing the game
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: It could be Buxton

It could be Buxton

Further to a previous thread I posted.

Nothing as yet confirmed regarding Jake but we are in talks. It's a two horse race but I think if the dosh is right we'll lose out to Burton.

Quote Originally Posted by seriouspie View Post
    Further to a previous thread I posted.

Nothing as yet confirmed regarding Jake but we are in talks. It's a two horse race but I think if the dosh is right we'll lose out to Burton.
    Not sure about Buxton. He has been very effective but at 32, isn't he just going to add more age to our veteran squad? I would prefer Aaron Pierre from Wycombe: he's taller, quicker and only 24 !

Quote Originally Posted by pravda_plc View Post
    Not sure about Buxton. He has been very effective but at 32, isn't he just going to add more age to our veteran squad? I would prefer Aaron Pierre from Wycombe: he's taller, quicker and only 24 !

Or, maybe not???

Alan Hardy‏Verified account @Bigalanh5 41m41 minutes ago
    More
    Alan Hardy Retweeted Necty
    A top guy & enjoyed conversations with him but doubtful we'll get him for start of the season. He really likes us thou & wants to come 1 dayAlan Hardy added,
    Necty @Necty_G
    @Bigalanh5 I really hope you get Bucko on board Alan! We absolutely loved him at Derby. Such a lovely guy and a real warrior!
    1 reply 1 retweet 5 likes
    Reply 1 Retweet 1 Like 5 Direct message

Come 1 day? When he's 40 more like

What concerns me is that Hardy said we are signing only 4 more but we spoke to Buxton on a whim. Does this mean we don't have a centre back target still, a week before pre season starts?

Quote Originally Posted by Iwantmypieback View Post
    What concerns me is that Hardy said we are signing only 4 more but we spoke to Buxton on a whim. Does this mean we don't have a centre back target still, a week before pre season starts?
    yep the spin doctor will be going with last year's back 4

Quote Originally Posted by nay123 View Post
    yep the spin doctor will be going with last year's back 4
    Unbelievable, see how far the club has come from near cretain death this time last year, and contracts don't end till very soon. Some supporters at Notts are like spoilt kids stamping their feet and wanting a new toy now. If we carry on like we did at the end of the season with the current lot I'll be happy.

Quote Originally Posted by keldsyke View Post
    Unbelievable, see how far the club has come from near cretain death this time last year, and contracts don't end till very soon. Some supporters at Notts are like spoilt kids stamping their feet and wanting a new toy now. If we carry on like we did at the end of the season with the current lot I'll be happy.
    It's not that at all. It's we've been told all post season we know our targets and why we want them to then be told of a hastily arranged meeting with a defender that is exactly of the type we don't need. We need a tall defender that is strong and can clear high balls. Whilst Buxton is a good defender, he'd be upgrading Duffy whereas we desperately need an upgrade on Hollis! What happened to our previous top target?

Quote Originally Posted by Iwantmypieback View Post
    It's not that at all. It's we've been told all post season we know our targets and why we want them to then be told of a hastily arranged meeting with a defender that is exactly of the type we don't need. We need a tall defender that is strong and can clear high balls. Whilst Buxton is a good defender, he'd be upgrading Duffy whereas we desperately need an upgrade on Hollis! What happened to our previous top target?
    Probably all signed for Mansfield.......

Quote Originally Posted by countygump View Post
    Or, maybe not???

Alan Hardy‏Verified account @Bigalanh5 41m41 minutes ago
    More
    Alan Hardy Retweeted Necty
    A top guy & enjoyed conversations with him but doubtful we'll get him for start of the season. He really likes us thou & wants to come 1 dayAlan Hardy added,
    Necty @Necty_G
    @Bigalanh5 I really hope you get Bucko on board Alan! We absolutely loved him at Derby. Such a lovely guy and a real warrior!
    1 reply 1 retweet 5 likes
    Reply 1 Retweet 1 Like 5 Direct message
    Wants to come one day? It doesn't sound like it's today then. It sounds like Notts are his default position.

Quote Originally Posted by keldsyke View Post
    I'm 50/50 on this. I agree that we should give Alan Hardy and Kevin Nolan (more than) the benefit of the doubt given what they've achieved so far, but I'd be lying if I said I wasn't a bit concerned about our retention and recruitment so far, based on the evidence.

Quote Originally Posted by jackal2 View Post
    I'm 50/50 on this. I agree that we should give Alan Hardy and Kevin Nolan (more than) the benefit of the doubt given what they've achieved so far, but I'd be lying if I said I wasn't a bit concerned about our retention and recruitment so far, based on the evidence.
    Agreed. have just read AH comments in the Post referring to the ' special' signings he expects to push through and he is still targeting the play offs.

With the best will in the world i dont think you can describe Noble & Buxton as special... maybe he has something up his sleeve.....

Quote Originally Posted by St Kitts Magpie View Post
    Agreed. have just read AH comments in the Post referring to the ' special' signings he expects to push through and he is still targeting the play offs.

With the best will in the world i dont think you can describe Noble & Buxton as special... maybe he has something up his sleeve.....
    And it's worth noting also that the two new signings who were arguably most influential in enabling Nolan to change the fortunes of our team last season - Jorge Grant and Marc Bola - have gone. The squad as it stands looks no better than last year, in fact it's one year older and possibly weaker.

Quote Originally Posted by jackal2 View Post
    And it's worth noting also that the two new signings who were arguably most influential in enabling Nolan to change the fortunes of our team last season - Jorge Grant and Marc Bola - have gone. The squad as it stands looks no better than last year, in fact it's one year older and possibly weaker.
    the squad is poor at the moment it's the same back four that nearly got notts relegated Nolan had good loans that have all gone and not been replaced as yet.

Word is, 41 year old Shay Given is training with us. Is it a rumour tho or a given?

https://prideofnottingham.co.uk/home...usiness-r1574/

Word is, 41 year old Shay Given is training with us. Is it a rumour tho or a given?

If that's true, we may as well go the whole hog and enter a veterans' league.

I'd be happy.His old man tends to fly the clubs flag,whoever he plays for on a post outside the home on the main road into Lifford.Got pi$sed off always seeing the Newcasle one.Would imagine Newcastle would be a Nolan link.

I know there is still plenty of time for signings but if we stick with the back 4/5 we finished the season with then I think the majority of fans will be very Dissapointed to say the least----I know I will.

I think describing any player at this level as 'special' is a bit dim, but if someone who has played in the Championship for the last eight years, making some 200 appearances, doesn't count as a 'special' signing for a mid-table League Two team then i'm not entirely sure what does.

Quote Originally Posted by jacobncfc View Post
    I think describing any player at this level as 'special' is a bit dim, but if someone who has played in the Championship for the last eight years, making some 200 appearances, doesn't count as a 'special' signing for a mid-table League Two team then i'm not entirely sure what does.
    Ah a voice of reason!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast