+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Owner "happy with 10th"

Owner "happy with 10th"

Read that at shareholder meeting the board confirmed Lai happy with 10th & Albion Assembly expressed concerns with apparent lack of investment.
    Transfer dealings- none- we seem to look, etc but no closing- surely they knew what we needed/wanted before the end of last season
    So here's the harsh reality- 10-17th finish at best, focus on survival,no cup run, no LB,Evans being courted, team old & threadbare, youth not given a chance.
    Jeez , never thought I'd say it, but TP - please don't go.

8th to 17th is the best any club can hope for, the top 7 are light years ahead. There will be the odd freak season when someone over achieves.
    Unless we see some transfer action 17th will be beyond us next season, TP or no TP.

Quote Originally Posted by holmleighchris View Post
    8th to 17th is the best any club can hope for, the top 7 are light years ahead. There will be the odd freak season when someone over achieves.
    Unless we see some transfer action 17th will be beyond us next season, TP or no TP.

No transfers - Fletcher going - paper thin squad - even those who don't like Pulis are not crazy enough to want him to go!

Looking at the situation as it stands at the moment a jolly foreigner comes in saying he is happy with 10th...it stinks.

There should be no season tickets bought and come the first game there should be not one single supporter in sight.

Painful to a lot of stalwarts that travel everywhere to watch 'em. But surely principles should enter the situation now...why on earth would or should the fans just hand over money to the Chinese football ignoramus to fill his coffers higher and higher.

Painful too for the players if they were to play to an empty house but I am sure they would understand the dire situation that is about to happen to West Bromwich Albion.

There is only one way to make Lai sit up and look and that is if his profits are taking a dive.

Tenth place with a decent Cup run (hopefully) would smell nice and rosy from my perspective at the mo' .

Not settling for mediocrity, just aware of where we currently are and hopeful of better times ahead.

COYB .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YFSCftwdpF8

Quote Originally Posted by Albionic68 View Post
    Tenth place with a decent Cup run (hopefully) would smell nice and rosy from my perspective at the mo' .

Not settling for mediocrity, just aware of where we currently are and hopeful of better times ahead.

COYB .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YFSCftwdpF8
    Ever decreasing circles '68...

Cup run?...Pulis won't put his aim of survival in jeopardy...that is firmly established now, all you can look forward to is more of the same, there is not much more he can do, but it is of his own doing.

I intend to practice what I preach and stay away.

Quote Originally Posted by goodlordmurphy View Post
    Ever decreasing circles '68...

Cup run?...Pulis won't put his aim of survival in jeopardy...that is firmly established now, all you can look forward to is more of the same, there is not much more he can do, but it is of his own doing.

I intend to practice what I preach and stay away.
    No '54, the tranquil calm of a lake rippling gently outward .

Off to a family funeral this afternoon which for me puts all things football into perspective.

Hope you enjoy the cricket and rugby over the coming months.

All of the very best to you and yours .

Quote Originally Posted by Albionic68 View Post
    No '54, the tranquil calm of a lake rippling gently outward .

Off to a family funeral this afternoon which for me puts all things football into perspective.

Hope you enjoy the cricket and rugby over the coming months.

All of the very best to you and yours .
    Deepest sympathy for you in your bereavement Albionic68.

I must have played the video in reverse.

I couldn't enjoy any other sport as much as I did today the 16yo was playing for his school versus the MCC. MCC made 216 declared, my grandson made 105* smashing a hard hit 4 runs to win the game, winning himself a 'Spirit of Cricket' cap and a free day at a Lords cricket match...private box no less.

Which school does your grandson attend? Without being biased, do you think that he has a future in the game at the top level? From what you have stated, he sounds promising to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Leicesterbaggie View Post
    Which school does your grandson attend? Without being biased, do you think that he has a future in the game at the top level? From what you have stated, he sounds promising to me.
    He goes to Stamford Boys School, plays for Market Deeping CC in the Lincs Premier Division.

So far he has made it into the Leicestershire Sub Academy, however he has been promised some full academy matches this year and indeed plays in a full academy T20 tounament next Monday...two other county academies attending.

He also bowls well and indeed clean bowled the opener in yesterday's match.

I believe he can make it to county level, anything after that will be a bonus, although being grand dad hope springs eternal.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)