+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: O/t £1bn To Prop Up A Minority Government

In actual fact its no different to what Corbyn did with his "give away" manifesto. Even though it would have been impossible to introduce and would have put the country into hundred billions of debt, these bribes were well received as every tom dick and "arry" who thought that JC was producing 5,000 loafs of bread just like his namesake did over 2,000 years ago.

The exception being this JC is real and the pain of his actions would have brought about another 2008 with much more serious consequences

Quote Originally Posted by gm_gm View Post
    In actual fact its no different to what Corbyn did with his "give away" manifesto. Even though it would have been impossible to introduce and would have put the country into hundred billions of debt, these bribes were well received as every tom dick and "arry" who thought that JC was producing 5,000 loafs of bread just like his namesake did over 2,000 years ago.

The exception being this JC is real and the pain of his actions would have brought about another 2008 with much more serious consequences
    I don't know whether this helps you gmgm

There are graphs as well

http://www.ukpublicspending.co.uk/debt_history

It is very different and I think you know it is.

Labour made it clear what they wanted to do in terms of spending and would probably have stuck to it.

The Tories have drastically from many of their Manifesto Pledges, as confirmed by the Queens speech last week.

They have now promised £1bn (although I would wager it will be a lot more but they can't let us plebs know the truth) to buy a few more votes tat MAY give them a small majority.

But, she isn't well liked by all of her own party and any critical votes could see some of the Tory MP's voting against her or abstaining.

What happens then?? It would prove to be an even bigger gamble and would prove to be a complete waste of PUBLIC funds.

Listen to the media and listen for that deafening SILENCE....!

NOW IF LABOUR HAD DONE THIS....!

PAPERS - RADIO - TINTERNET - TV WOULD BE FULL OF IT....

WHO OWN's THE MEDIA....ANY DOUBTS NOW ?

That’s all political conjecture depending on the colour of your politics. The fact remains that Corbyn costed all his policies, whether you believe him or not is entirely irrelevant. Despite all the bull about “strong and stable” May has at a stroke destroyed the image of supposed Tory financial prudence. At least £1bn to be majicked up from…….somewhere? For Tory supporters such as yourself she must have lost all credibility? Or is that a price worth paying in order to cling desperately to power? Stuff the manifesto, stuff the carefully crafted image, stuff the bloody country!!!

It remains to be seen who will have to pay for the UDA/DUP bribe(s???). My guess is that they’ll plough on with corporation tax cuts regardless to keep the restless backbenchers happy, so expect more pain for the NHS and hikes in income tax and NI contributions for the rest of us.

Roll on the next election.
    Last edited by Redshank; 26-06-2017 at 04:15 PM.

Oh Tess - what an awful mess! Painful - one thing after another...

Hahaha, same old tories, personalised negative attacks which clearly didn't work in the election, and still piling them out now, carry on gm, carry on, folk have seen right through that shyte....

There hasn't been a single time in modern history where raising taxes and increasing public spending has increased tax revenue, secondly investment stops and people lose their jobs.

JC and his Marxist pal predicted an increase in revenues a uptopia of smiling tax payers

You commies can buddy up with your insults if you want, I have common sense, history and a lifetime in banking, finance and economics on my side
    Last edited by gm_gm; 26-06-2017 at 07:37 PM.

There hasn't been a single time in modern history where raising taxes and increasing public spending has increased tax revenue, secondly investment stops and people lose their jobs.

JC and his Marxist pal predicted an increase in revenues a uptopia of smiling tax payers

You commies can buddy up with your insults if you want, I have common sense, history and a lifetime in banking, finance and economics on my side
    you missed out talking ballacks fella!

Care to make a comment on what the Tories have done gm_gm.

It`s not the fact they`re putting much needed investment into N.I. for the next 2yrs Parliament, for some it`s the reason it`s been done and the way it`s been done. The Tories are using public funds to dig themselves out of a hole they dug themselves into. No comparison to Jeremy Corbyn`s `giveaways`.
    It seems de facto leader Arlene Foster has the b.alls...and what worries me this bunch are trying to negotiate Brexit.
    Make no mistake gm_ gm, you, I and millions more are about to be shafted financially.

Was it Irving Berlin / Nat King Cole song.....There MAY be trouble ahead.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast