+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: O/t £1bn To Prop Up A Minority Government

O/t £1bn To Prop Up A Minority Government

https://www.theguardian.com/politics...-politics-live

Amazing where these self indulgent tories can find £1bn from when it suits their ideology .

I wonder if they have borrowed Labour's magic money tree perhaps ?

They clearly didn't have this kind of money to make social high rise tower blocks safe , the NHS could have done with that amount of money so that patients weren't treated in hospital corridors and waiting rooms and given staff a much needed pay increase along with public sector workers .

I've studied the tory manifesto and I don't seem to be able to find £1bn for investment in the Shankill Road .

Call an election you self interested set of pond life , who the feck do you think you are spending my hard earned so you still can't govern .

Be gone .

If that's been reported then quadruple that figure plus other benefits.

Billions to save a RUBBISH economic disaster of a government - but they'll just fleece a few million OAP's to pay for their failures.....

Bring back Gordon Brown.....Britain's most successful post war chancellor !

Probably best ever chancellor....but he got some bad press didn't he ?

Who owns the media again...?

Under a coalition government, everything in the manifesto will be
    MayDUP

My word hasn't the unelectable Islington commie got them shyting bricks .

Clearly £1bn is a small price to pay to keep things exactly how the establishment and the tories like .

I wonder why that might be ?

Because Corbyn and Labour will end this top end keeps all policy , tax the bstrds at a fair rate , end tax evasion and hand more clout to the people who really create the wealth .

The party's over , this DUP love in won't go more than 6 months and the vegetables in the cabinet aren't appealing enough to win an election that's for sure if one should want to step up .

The tides turned , over the cliff edge you go vicars daughter .

Ooooh Jeremy Corbyn .

I presume that the £1bn is for the duration of this government but to be paid over 2 years.

I'm a bit lost to know why the conservative party can pay this sum out of the public purse to maybe guarentee a majority for them. Obviously this will get passed as now because both parties have decided yet you've paid or will pay for it.

Blatant political blackmail with the taxpayer footing the bill. And I naively thought we lived in a democracy.

Can't see Welsh and Scots voters being chuffed with this. Another noose round the tories heads methinks.

Quote Originally Posted by rolymiller View Post
    Can't see Welsh and Scots voters being chuffed with this. Another noose round the tories heads methinks.
    Dead right Roly.

They could have promised £100m to 10 marginal constituants and got a majority using this method.

It fecking stinks.

This deal with the UDA/DUP is the latest in what is becoming a long line of monumental f***-ups by May. The woman is utterly incompetent.

Why the hell didn't she go for a minority government? At least she would have had the chance to get an ounce of respect back from the voters. As it is the UDA/DUP will have the Tories trousers down over the next few months/years.
    ".....if once you have paid him the Dane-geld you never get rid of the Dane"

At least it's instantly neutralised the Tory tabloid pathetic mantra about Corbyn and the IRA.

Labour are on a massive roll and the Tories are shi;;ing themselves.

Loving it

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast