+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: O/t £1bn To Prop Up A Minority Government

Banking, finance and economics -your own business mate or working for the big corps? Ex city boy?

It's now a DUPtopia.....so disappointed in Tess...

Quote Originally Posted by gm_gm View Post
    There hasn't been a single time in modern history where raising taxes and increasing public spending has increased tax revenue, secondly investment stops and people lose their jobs.

JC and his Marxist pal predicted an increase in revenues a uptopia of smiling tax payers

You commies can buddy up with your insults if you want, I have common sense, history and a lifetime in banking, finance and economics on my side
    That simply isn't true GM. The Labour government of Blair 1997-2007 raised taxation from 33.9% of GDP to 36.2% of GDP, public spending increased over this period by an average of 5.1% and tax revenue increased from £298bn to £514bn.

Quote Originally Posted by tony260674 View Post
    That simply isn't true GM. The Labour government of Blair 1997-2007 raised taxation from 33.9% of GDP to 36.2% of GDP, public spending increased over this period by an average of 5.1% and tax revenue increased from £298bn to £514bn.
    well well well....

Quote Originally Posted by tony260674 View Post
    You have reinforced my point Tony wholesale funding collapsed in 2007 not 2008 which caused liquidity problems. Tony Blair created an false economy by creating hundreds of quangos that didn't produce or contribute.

Blair bulkEd up the public sector that was paid for from the booming financial services sector at the time....when it went bang so did the public sector jobs.

Georgina maffinis paper on this explains this perfectly well in an economic context..please read Tony http://eureka.sbs.ox.ac.uk/4552/1/WP1302.pdf

The taxation table clearly shows Blair lowered corporation tax during his tenure
    Last edited by gm_gm; 26-06-2017 at 09:31 PM.

You have reinforced my point Tony wholesale funding collapsed in 2007 not 2008 which caused liquidity problems. Tony Blair created an false economy by creating hundreds of quangos that didn't produce or contribute.

Blair bulkEd up the public sector that was paid for from the booming financial services sector at the time....when it went bang so did the public sector jobs.

Georgina maffinis paper on this explains this perfectly well in an economic context..please read Tony http://eureka.sbs.ox.ac.uk/4552/1/WP1302.pdf
    Ah, those bankers eh, getting away with murder time and time again, the only industry to absolutely screw the world over, get away with it scot free, and get bailed out by taxpayers across the globe, to award themselves millions in bonuses, to continue to be bailed out by taxpayers.....it's all the Labour patry's fault though obviously....pathetic gm.

The taxation table clearly shows Blair lowered corporation tax during his tenure
    You didn't say raised corporation tax GM, you said raised tax, which Blair did. If you are going to quote someone then please get their name correct: Giorgia Maffini.
    Where was my birthday wishes??

Pawn ya silver we are truly knacked.

This £1bn should come from tory party funds and not the taxpayer .

She called the election and she fecked up her majority and now the taxpayers are expected to dig her out of the hole she created herself .

Tell you what I loathed Thatcher with a passion but not even she would have stooped as low as this ( gritted teeth ) .

That said every move such as this knocks another nail in the tory coffin .

They will get their humiliation at the ballot box , nobody can carry on like this long term , politically impossible .

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    This £1bn should come from tory party funds and not the taxpayer .

She called the election and she fecked up her majority and now the taxpayers are expected to dig her out of the hole she created herself .

Tell you what I loathed Thatcher with a passion but not even she would have stooped as low as this ( gritted teeth ) .

That said every move such as this knocks another nail in the tory coffin .

They will get their humiliation at the ballot box , nobody can carry on like this long term , politically impossible .
    I think you are right about Thatcher Animal.

Truth is, although I disagree with them on many issues, I respect the opinion of those on the right of politics. Its a perfectly valid argument that governement should interfere as little as possible in our lives and that business should be left to create wealth with as little taxation as possible. Surely the decent honourable tory supporters can't stomach this. This has nothing to do with whats best for the country, the tory manifesto was a continuation of austerity, this is simply to keep them in power. They are using the money we pay as taxes, that small businesses nationwide create to prop themselves up. £1bn for 1.8million people, far less than the population of West Yorkshire, all for the support of 10 ultra right wing fanatics, not to mention the problems this will cause with the Northern Ireland peace process.

There hasn't been a single time in modern history where raising taxes and increasing public spending has increased tax revenue, secondly investment stops and people lose their jobs.

JC and his Marxist pal predicted an increase in revenues a uptopia of smiling tax payers

You commies can buddy up with your insults if you want, I have common sense, history and a lifetime in banking, finance and economics on my side
    Care to enlighten us about anything that Karl Marx wrote about the structure and workings of the capitalist system that has been proved to have been wrong? Take your time...
    Last edited by mikemiller; 26-06-2017 at 10:52 PM.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast