+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Could Pulis Walk?

So little news comes out of WBA and that prompts all sorts of rumours and fears. We need a couple of good signings to cheer us up; any news on the Jay Rodriguez 'transfer'?

To be reasonably established in the division is great and Pulis has been instrumental in this. It's great for the local support inasmuch it gives them bragging rights over the fans of other clubs in the area. This seems to be enough for many of them. The football on the pitch is dire though, almost unwatchable. Supporters are staying away, heading to non league football or not attending any football at all. It's quite a dilemma.

Quote Originally Posted by holmleighchris View Post
    To be reasonably established in the division is great and Pulis has been instrumental in this. It's great for the local support inasmuch it gives them bragging rights over the fans of other clubs in the area. This seems to be enough for many of them. The football on the pitch is dire though, almost unwatchable. Supporters are staying away, heading to non league football or not attending any football at all. It's quite a dilemma.
    Think we are missing the point
    TP may choose to say "sod it"- a never relegated pedigree- worth millions to other chairman esp in Jan when teams in trouble.
    Unloved by fans, starved by Board, his value is at its highest now- Albion 10th on threadbare resources.
    He goes into season with this squad and a few 2nd rate additions; he will blot his copybook.
    It's not whether we want him- it's now whether he wants us
    And if he goes with this Board's outlook and owner's "investment" plans we will not survive.
    I've bet on it @ generous odds

It's surprisingly gloomy outside for the time of year.

Time to brighten the Day .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=azxoVRTwlNg

Doubt we'll be singing that at the Albion any time soon mate ".......we're going to wemberly que sera sera"

Quote Originally Posted by vikingwarriorking View Post
    Think we are missing the point
    TP may choose to say "sod it"- a never relegated pedigree- worth millions to other chairman esp in Jan when teams in trouble.
    Unloved by fans, starved by Board, his value is at its highest now- Albion 10th on threadbare resources.
    He goes into season with this squad and a few 2nd rate additions; he will blot his copybook.
    It's not whether we want him- it's now whether he wants us
    And if he goes with this Board's outlook and owner's "investment" plans we will not survive.
    I've bet on it @ generous odds

Spot on there! A few crap additions at cheap prices, a bad start to the season, and why would Pulis need us, if a bigger club comes calling. Almost every club is bigger than West Brom in terms of ambition including Huddersfield.

So Pulis goes - another keep option - Grayson/Pearson and still working with a thread bare squad!

Still not renewed my tickets and at this rate, having doubts!

Quote Originally Posted by exilecanada View Post
    Thanks, a number of people have gained respect for my little club. We’ve come a long way since being one loss away from demotion from the Football League and obscurity in ’87. As usual though, we’re favoured for relegation next season, nothing much changes. Sean Dyche and the board have done a magnificent job, long may they reign, although from all accounts were in danger of losing Dyche to Palace.
    You do the Clarets an injustice buddy...I can remember when Burnley were referred to as 'The Academy of Football'...during the Bob Lord era. I have a lot of Burnley friends that would go berserk at the inference of them being a 'little club'....

Quote Originally Posted by goodlordmurphy View Post
    You do the Clarets an injustice buddy...I can remember when Burnley were referred to as 'The Academy of Football'...during the Bob Lord era. I have a lot of Burnley friends that would go berserk at the inference of them being a 'little club'....
    Totally agree. In the early sixties they were one of the top sides in the country. I remember such names as McIlroy, Pointer, Miller, Adamson, Connelly, Blacklaw, etc. All of these would be worth a fortune today.

Quote Originally Posted by baggieal View Post
    Spot on there! A few crap additions at cheap prices, a bad start to the season, and why would Pulis need us, if a bigger club comes calling. Almost every club is bigger than West Brom in terms of ambition including Huddersfield.

So Pulis goes - another keep option - Grayson/Pearson and still working with a thread bare squad!

Still not renewed my tickets and at this rate, having doubts!
    i ain't renewed yet either and am having doubts also. I would not class Huddersfield of having more ambition. Surely their goal is to survive next season as is ours.
    Reading through the thread and although their views are welcome. I tend to ignore what other teams supporters think of us. I also ignore what professional pundits think. They don't pay to watch us. Believe me it's completely different when you pay to watch the rubbish we serve up. In other words I'll decide when i should feel happy not when somebody tells me when i should

Quote Originally Posted by Leicesterbaggie View Post
    Totally agree. In the early sixties they were one of the top sides in the country. I remember such names as McIlroy, Pointer, Miller, Adamson, Connelly, Blacklaw, etc. All of these would be worth a fortune today.
    When I went up with my Burnley buddy for the first time, what a cracking time it was, we lost 2-1 after going one up.

Sat amongst the Burnley fans shirt covered up of course, we go one up all the close buddies of my mate decided to beat me over the head with programs not too hard of course, then they equalised out come the programs again...then they went in front,,,you guessed it...out come the programs we had played really well...it was a championship game and the price rose to 8/1 for Baggies to win the league I had seen enough to warrant an investment which duly paid off.

Program wielders remained firm friends and I hardly bought a beer all night.

Bit strange to enjoy a match when the opposition wear Claret and Blue...know what I mean...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)