Get your very own personalised Blades Board gifts!
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Brayford

Quote Originally Posted by redalwaysablade View Post
    h

That's if someone wants him, if not, it's another year on the books.......but if he does go, fair enough.
    Chuffin hell Redders tha sounds like the owd Roman's when they did the thumbs down,chuck em to the lions. UTCB

I'm not expecting him to b here any money we get is a bonus it's a hell of a hit to take but freeing wages is key,if he did stay he could help do a job but as I say I'll be surprised if he's still here

Quote Originally Posted by RavBlade View Post
    He is indeed Blockers. Old Herberts always had an axe to grind though, and continues to do so. Talks out of his rear end.
    I must have a magic rear end then because I've been spot on about Brayford in every way right from the start.

We'll see just how good and how valuable he is by the clubs interested in signing him and what we get for him.

Quote Originally Posted by herbert View Post
    I must have a magic rear end then because I've been spot on about Brayford in every way right from the start.

We'll see just how good and how valuable he is by the clubs interested in signing him and what we get for him.
    He's suffered serious injuries since we signed, him, isn't as fit and is older. Please don't claim that what we may get now for him is comparable to when we signed him. That's real desperation stakes.

I presume you said from the start he was a class act and a talisman for both the team and the fans if you were spot on from the beginning?

i just hope we dont give him away just to get him off wage bill he was voted burtons 2nd best player in a team that survived in the championship and we deserve a fee of at least 500k for him play hardball like others are doing with us

Quote Originally Posted by Holden_C View Post
    He's suffered serious injuries since we signed, him, isn't as fit and is older. Please don't claim that what we may get now for him is comparable to when we signed him. That's real desperation stakes.

I presume you said from the start he was a class act and a talisman for both the team and the fans if you were spot on from the beginning?
    I said we'll see how good and valuable he is, not was. I was responding to comments about his current ability.

Considering age, injuries, fitness, contract etc, if we got something like 500k from a decent Championship side for him now that would suggest he's still rated and I'd be wrong. But I don't think we'll get half that.

I rated him during the loan spell, as did everyone, but from what I saw of him for Cardiff after that he didn't seem like the same player, and I was strongly against spending what we did on him, and I would've been even if he did look the same. After signing he was underwhelming and then the injury killed off any chances of him regaining his loan form.

not enough herbie he will be first choice in cloughys team and 250k is not only an insult to us but the player as well as i said for me nowt less than 500k

Oh dear Herbie facts are not your strong point,Brayford was signed by Cardif,when they were in the Premiership,and still wanted by them when he left,During his time here,he was instrumental in finishing the season on a high 7th in the league and a F-A cup semi final at Wembley. The following season he was a big part of League cup run ending on a high against Spurs in a memorable semi final.
    And fate played a cruel blow,when he got injured in the first leg of the playoff semi final,for the player and Sheff Utd.
    Money generated during the cup runs,more than covered his transfer fee,And the quote from Jim Phelps.This is not a fullback it is John Brayford.In his time at Utd,he has been under 3 managers,and to keep him from playing is the problem,
    Brayford is a honest player,and through his injury nightmare,it is good to see Freeman come good.

Quote Originally Posted by shorehamoldboy View Post
    yeah seemed inevitable way chris was talking just hope we dont give him away to cloughy
    You can give him away to the Owls if you like. Good player. I know, 5 million, and not a penny less! Name:  default_NRhTp24.png
Views: 335
Size:  13.6 KB

Quote Originally Posted by LesHiboux View Post
    You can give him away to the Owls if you like. Good player. I know, 5 million, and not a penny less! Name:  default_NRhTp24.png
Views: 335
Size:  13.6 KB
    I didn't think you bought anyone for less than 10m nowadays Les..?

Phipps

Quote Originally Posted by FatherKnowsBest View Post
    Bet he'd take a pen.

Quote Originally Posted by Chips1889 View Post
    Bet he'd take a pen.
    Bit like this bloke. After missing one in the World Cup, it took serious balls to have a go at this. I remember that sinking feeling as he walked up to place the ball, and the shivers down the spine when he smacked it in and all that hurt came rushing out of him. Yes, Stuart Pierce has balls.

You know how I feel about that, mon pere. A fool and his money...

Quote Originally Posted by herbert View Post

No you haven't, you got it wrong, just like you did Woolford. You said Beard was shyte, which he isn't, and almost winning Burtons POY award proves it. Given his injuries we obviously wont get what we paid for him, Stevie bleedin Wonder could have told you that. Stick to football manager and talking out yer arse.

Quote Originally Posted by trevor1946 View Post
    Oh dear Herbie facts are not your strong point,Brayford was signed by Cardif,when they were in the Premiership,and still wanted by them when he left,During his time here,he was instrumental in finishing the season on a high 7th in the league and a F-A cup semi final at Wembley. The following season he was a big part of League cup run ending on a high against Spurs in a memorable semi final.
    And fate played a cruel blow,when he got injured in the first leg of the playoff semi final,for the player and Sheff Utd.
    Money generated during the cup runs,more than covered his transfer fee,And the quote from Jim Phelps.This is not a fullback it is John Brayford.In his time at Utd,he has been under 3 managers,and to keep him from playing is the problem,
    Brayford is a honest player,and through his injury nightmare,it is good to see Freeman come good.
    No, I'm afraid you're the one who can't get your facts right.

Brayford didn't play a single game in that League Cup run. He was playing for Cardiff in the Championship.

What's your excuse? You should have followed Brayford more closely than me.

oh lets end this argument brayfords a very good championship player and imo worth at least 750k

Quote Originally Posted by shorehamoldboy View Post
    oh lets end this argument brayfords a very good championship player and imo worth at least 750k
    Whilst we were smashing the league below,Beardy was playing week in week out every week in the league above us,playing very well if reports are to be believed

Bit like this bloke. After missing one in the World Cup, it took serious balls to have a go at this. I remember that sinking feeling as he walked up to place the ball, and the shivers down the spine when he smacked it in and all that hurt came rushing out of him. Yes, Stuart Pierce has balls.

HAD. I distinctly remember seeing them hiding behind a seat on Row C of the South Stand after "That" tackle from Bradders.

Quote Originally Posted by RavBlade View Post
    No you haven't, you got it wrong, just like you did Woolford. You said Beard was shyte, which he isn't, and almost winning Burtons POY award proves it. Given his injuries we obviously wont get what we paid for him, Stevie bleedin Wonder could have told you that. Stick to football manager and talking out yer arse.
    Find me a post where I said he's sh1te full stop then sweetheart. Playing out of his skin for the only man he'll play for doesn't prove a great deal to be honest. As I said, we'll see how good he is now when we see who's interested in signing him.

If I've got it wrong with Brayford then Wilder has too. Although I'm sure you'd try to spin that the other way.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast