shopify analytics

Bet for FREE on football and win real cash bet4F is changing the game
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Brayford

Brayford

#sufc boss CW says John Brayford has been made available for transfer.

Seems reasonable to me.

yeah seemed inevitable way chris was talking just hope we dont give him away to cloughy

Good news. Was always inevitable.

Well lets hope he's out on the training field and fit enough to be sold in view of recent rumours. Swap for Mcfazdean?

Disappointed to hear this - but what do I know?

Quote Originally Posted by Longshortandtall View Post
    Well lets hope he's out on the training field and fit enough to be sold in view of recent rumours. Swap for Mcfazdean?
    This is what worries me. Is anyone going to buy him or even take him on a free if his knees are shot? Also, I was as big a fan of his as anyone, but last season proved that we don't need him, surely?

Even giving him away frees his substantial wages he's another Hammond that we'll have to take a hit on,I hope one day this club will learn from its past mistakes,every chance with tufty in charge

Quote Originally Posted by bulmer1889 View Post
    Even giving him away frees his substantial wages he's another Hammond that we'll have to take a hit on,I hope one day this club will learn from its past mistakes,every chance with tufty in charge
    No way is THE BEARD another Hammond Bully,yes we're gunna lose out on him financially but another Hammond? NO WAY JOSE'.Anyone expectin a big fee for THE BEARD,it aint gunna happen,his knees probably mean only Cloughie will take him.It's a shame cos i still think the lad's a bloody good footballer if he was fully fit. UTCB
    Last edited by rodcurrie; 27-06-2017 at 12:14 PM.

The diffence between Beard & Hammond though Bully is that the Beard can still play a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by Ayamonteblade View Post
    Me too, but we move on.

Quote Originally Posted by rodcurrie View Post
    No way is THE BEARD another Hammond Bully,yes we're gunna lose out on him financially but another Hammond? NO WAY JOSE'.Anyone expectin a big fee for THE BEARD,it aint gunna happen,his knees probably mean only Cloughie will take him.It's a shame cos i still think the lad's a bloody good footballer if he was fully fit. UTCB
    I meant in the way we lose out rav the beard and Hammond are light yrs apart but will we recoup our money,with his fitness problems ? I'd consider getting 500k a result which is a big loss,bigger than hammonds contract we had to negotiate so in that respect the beard is another Hammond in my book

Am I the only one who thinks we should give him away? But any club must take over his wages.

Quote Originally Posted by Chips1889 View Post
    Am I the only one who thinks we should give him away? But any club must take over his wages.
    No, I'd be completely happy with that.

In some ways I am quite sad to hear this news.

When John Brayford left as a cult hero at the end of his loan spell he remarked that he had needed us more than we needed him.

Now it seems we don't need him at all and he doesn't need us either but I feel sorry that a player who was once regarded as one of the best loan deals in the Clubs history will now be remembered as one of the poorer signings in the Clubs history given the fee and the salary that were reputedly involved.

Thanks for all your efforts in that loan spell John. We will take some good memories from that - sorry things didn't turn out as everyone might have hoped.

I meant in the way we lose out rav the beard and Hammond are light yrs apart but will we recoup our money,with his fitness problems ? I'd consider getting 500k a result which is a big loss,bigger than hammonds contract we had to negotiate so in that respect the beard is another Hammond in my book
    See what you mean. With you now.

Quote Originally Posted by silentjourneyhome View Post

When John Brayford left as a cult hero at the end of his loan spell he remarked that he had needed us more than we needed him.

Now it seems we don't need him at all and he doesn't need us either but I feel sorry that a player who was once regarded as one of the best loan deals in the Clubs history will now be remembered as one of the poorer signings in the Clubs history given the fee and the salary that were reputedly involved.

Thanks for all your efforts in that loan spell John. We will take some good memories from that - sorry things didn't turn out as everyone might have hoped.
    Have a like SJH - couldn't agree more

Have a like SJH - couldn't agree more
    Me too Aya. Great post SJH.

Quote Originally Posted by silentjourneyhome View Post

SJH, I feel that he got well paid throughout - and still is. When he does go he will not be missed but he will have my good wishes for his future.

yeah i will echo those sentiments good luck to the beard wherever he ends up think chris thinks with his high salary plus obviously cant train every day would not be up to his rigid training schedules anyway

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast