+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ciftci binned

Ciftci binned

In a f ucking heart beat but we can only dream....

https://www.eveningtelegraph.co.uk/f...-leave-celtic/

Hibs were rumoured to be after him in january when they thought cummings might be away...with cummings now gone, I reckon Lennon will be all over this. Personally reckon he will go down south or back to Turkey. He is exactly the type of player we need right now though (he can actually score against Dumbarton!) and would love him to come back but unless he's willing to take a huge wage cut, then I can't see it happening unless it was a 1 year deal to try and get himself back into the shop window.

8 grand a week playing for boys now instead of the bhoys. He has 2 1/2 years of his contract remaining. It would be a tough one for him to give up. He's not going to get that kind of money anywhere else, nothing like it, not even at Tannadice!

Hopefully he loves to play football more than he likes the money. If he does, i just hope he is a few years wiser as well as older!

Ah but he might be Celtic's Donaldson?

I am led to believe that many of the players signed by Delia had contracts which had a pretty low basic wage with large bonuses included for inclusion in squads and first team appearances. I'd imagine that 8k would only be if Nads was actually playing for the first team, so with him being told that he won't be getting near the squad, he may choose to go elsewhere. He'd still be too expensive for us but he may be tempted at being a big fish in a wee pond to try and get his market value up again. Never say never....but can't see it happening as his agent will be chasing the coin!

would the ambulance chasers no give him a pay off?

I had seen a few people reposting articles about Ciftci signing, and albeit that the articles were from the last time we signed him, im hearing from a former player that we are trying to bring him back again. Take it with a pinch of salt but would love to have him back.

Would love it, he would single handedly win us the league, without a doubt but it wont happen, FACT! .Copyright Gunboat.

Quote Originally Posted by offshore_arab83 View Post
    Would love it, he would single handedly win us the league, without a doubt but it wont happen, FACT! .Copyright Gunboat.
    Couldn't agree more. Can't believe some folk wouldn't want him back either. Last year Murray and Mikkelsen. This year Keatings, McDonald, Ciftci and N'Koyi. What a difference. Don't for a minute think it will happen, but replied exactly that to u about McDonald.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)