+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: George Ray

George Ray

Signing new contract this Thursday, a two year deal.

Well pleased about that. Feel he has a lot of potential in the game.

Believe we still need another 3 new recruits, be they signings or loanees. Another centreback. An experienced midfield playmaker, and a rightback.

Think that playing NG at rightback would be a waste of his potential. Convinced he would make an excellent defensive midfielder.

Ray was always going to stay because of the compensation but no-one can blame him for seeing if his Agent can get him better pay elsewhere

Agree on need for more recruits. There will be a midfielder I guess but maybe the holding midfielder / centre back will be just one player

Seems to me that Perry fits the bill as CH/deep lying midfielder.

There will be a midfielder I guess but maybe the holding midfielder / centre back will be just one player[/QUOTE]

Is that statement more than a guess? I have heard a similar story. Second division player last season with the team now relegated.

Top priority should be a right back I think, unless there's one made a lot of progress among the Academy lads.

I'd be quite happy for the midfielder to be a loanee for 6 months as we seem to have a lot of promising youngsters there and signing an experienced player in a 2 or 3 year deal might be hampering the progress of Wintle, Ainley et al. No sense spending our limited resources where we already have some decent options.

Quote Originally Posted by Me For Crewe View Post
    There will be a midfielder I guess but maybe the holding midfielder / centre back will be just one player
    Is that statement more than a guess? I have heard a similar story. Second division player last season with the team now relegated.[/QUOTE]

Well we better not hang around then.

Quote Originally Posted by ChalkDust View Post
    Is that statement more than a guess? I have heard a similar story. Second division player last season with the team now relegated.
    Well we better not hang around then.[/QUOTE]

Very cryptic CD

Does anyone actually 'know' anything?
    What to the "iron in the fire" that was "getting very hot"??

Quote Originally Posted by gazan View Post
    Does anyone actually 'know' anything?
    What to the "iron in the fire" that was "getting very hot"??
    I think some of you are monkeying around!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast