+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: George Ray

I'd love to see Callum Cooke back here on loan for the season. Add an experienced holding midfielder and a RB and that would be a good Base to build on.

Does anyone know if there has been any information about Callum Cooke and his home club ie is he staying or going out on loan.

Quote Originally Posted by CroutonRouge View Post
    I think some of you are monkeying around!
    Are you stelling the truth?

Quote Originally Posted by Me For Crewe View Post
    Well we better not hang around then.
    Very cryptic CD[/QUOTE]

I assume this is about Brad Walker, 21 year old Hartlepool midfielder/CH, out of contract, Hartlepool local press saying he's refused new contract and signing for us - we'd owe compensation though if he does. Do we want another young centre mid?
    http://www.thenorthernecho.co.uk/spo...ave/?ref=fbshr - courtesy of Pamela on Facebook Alex Banter.

He looks like a very good prospect. 6'2, strong, quick and versatility to play CB or DCM. Wigan and Wolves also rumoured to be interested but can't see the latter taking a Conference player with the money they have to burn. I'd prefer some experience but if he's good enough then I trust DA.

Quote Originally Posted by ALEXKNOWALL View Post
    Ray was always going to stay because of the compensation but no-one can blame him for seeing if his Agent can get him better pay elsewhere

Agree on need for more recruits. There will be a midfielder I guess but maybe the holding midfielder / centre back will be just one player
    No compensation if he had gone North of the Border thought

Quote Originally Posted by ShropshireAlex View Post
    Very cryptic CD
    I assume this is about Brad Walker, 21 year old Hartlepool midfielder/CH, out of contract, Hartlepool local press saying he's refused new contract and signing for us - we'd owe compensation though if he does. Do we want another young centre mid?
    http://www.thenorthernecho.co.uk/spo...ave/?ref=fbshr - courtesy of Pamela on Facebook Alex Banter.[/QUOTE]

100 games plus a few clubs have been watching him, as mentioned Wolves & Wigan. He can play in midfield as a central defender and also at right back so he is versatile.

I'd sign him up even thought compensation would be around 75-100k.

Quote Originally Posted by ChalkDust View Post
    http://www.thenorthernecho.co.uk/spo...ave/?ref=fbshr - courtesy of Pamela on Facebook Alex Banter.
    100 games plus a few clubs have been watching him, as mentioned Wolves & Wigan. He can play in midfield as a central defender and also at right back so he is versatile.

I'd sign him up even thought compensation would be around 75-100k.[/QUOTE]

From what I've heard of him he's quite highly rated, would be quite a coup to sign him I think

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12