+ Visit Notts. County FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Signing number 13 for Mansfield

Signing number 13 for Mansfield

But don't worry.....

The transfer window doesn't open until the 1st July

To be fair, a lot of their signings are not that Impressive. 13 is a winger from Solihull Moores

Free transfer from Solihull Moors, if we'd signed him people would be complaining he's from non league anyway so we can't really win.

At a glance, with this signing included they have 23 players in their squad, I doubt many teams in League 2 will be vastly different from that when we start the season, it's not like they already had a big squad and they're bringing in a ton of players on top, they're simply using their budget, doing it early and seemingly advertising how well they're doing it. It's not like when Branston and Moniz brought in 18 players but also, as that season showed, it doesn't always mean you've got a huge budget or are spending a lot of money.

They've made 13 signings but they also only retained 10 players from last season, we retained 14, including the two coaches and O'Connor who's out for months, not including the youngsters (who would be listed in our U21 team if we had one) or Kevin Nolan, who I would be shocked to see play.

(Not directly at OP) Why does it always seem like Notts fans forget how football works every pre season?

Hear , hear Delroy. I'm not that bothered when we make our new signings, as long as when we make them they are the right ones and good ones!!

If we had signed Omari Stirling -James it would have been greeted with choruses of 'never heard of him' and 'underwhelmed' on NCM.

Quote Originally Posted by DelroyFacey22 View Post
    Free transfer from Solihull Moors, if we'd signed him people would be complaining he's from non league anyway so we can't really win.

At a glance, with this signing included they have 23 players in their squad, I doubt many teams in League 2 will be vastly different from that when we start the season, it's not like they already had a big squad and they're bringing in a ton of players on top, they're simply using their budget, doing it early and seemingly advertising how well they're doing it. It's not like when Branston and Moniz brought in 18 players but also, as that season showed, it doesn't always mean you've got a huge budget or are spending a lot of money.

They've made 13 signings but they also only retained 10 players from last season, we retained 14, including the two coaches and O'Connor who's out for months, not including the youngsters (who would be listed in our U21 team if we had one) or Kevin Nolan, who I would be shocked to see play.

(Not directly at OP) Why does it always seem like Notts fans forget how football works every pre season?
    You are quite right of course. I just want to put a football thread on for a change.

I am sure we will have some signings in place but I just can't help being impatient. It's a bit like Christmas when we were kids. You know you're going to get lot's of toys but you want to know now.

[QUOTE=LaughingMagpie;38571855]You are quite right of course. I just want to put a football thread on for a change.

Well stop it or Sid will be rendered useless

[QUOTE=i961pie;38571882]
    Quote Originally Posted by LaughingMagpie View Post
    You are quite right of course. I just want to put a football thread on for a change.

Well stop it or Sid will be rendered useless
    Some have suggested he already is.

It makes a change that Notts may be doing things properly for once, identifying specific targets and doing their homework. Beats the scattergun approach of previous seasons signing up 10 plus players!

As it stands our team and players know each other from last season. By the time the season starts Kevin Nolan would have worked with them for 7 months so he'll know about them. For once it's interesting in the fact that we have not gone and rebuilt a team again and it means that on the opening day it will not be a bunch of strangers. We have to take the positives out of this and hope that this gives us a slight advantage over other teams that are completely new.

Let's build slowly and be patient and see what happens between now and the first game in August.

To be fair to them he is their first signing out of the 13 from non league..all the rest have come from league one or championship.

Whereas Hawkridge has come from non league and Allesandra was heading there!

Quote Originally Posted by MAD_MAGPIE View Post
    As it stands our team and players know each other from last season. By the time the season starts Kevin Nolan would have worked with them for 7 months so he'll know about them. For once it's interesting in the fact that we have not gone and rebuilt a team again and it means that on the opening day it will not be a bunch of strangers. We have to take the positives out of this and hope that this gives us a slight advantage over other teams that are completely new.

Let's build slowly and be patient and see what happens between now and the first game in August.
    Keep Calm and Listen to Mad Bird.

Quote Originally Posted by apieandpint View Post
    It makes a change that Notts may be doing things properly for once, identifying specific targets and doing their homework. Beats the scattergun approach of previous seasons signing up 10 plus players!
    That's one way of looking at it. Another could be that we identified targets but we've missed out so we've moved onto others, hence no new signing in a month or so.

Our squad looks ever so good on paper.

Why do Some Notts County fans continue to think that this close season for Mansfield has been a scatter-gun approach? Steve Evans has had a list of targets and we've gone out and got them. We were told that Omari Sterling-James was a 'bonus' because we were able to get him on a free. We still await that marquee signing upfront that we hope will propel us to L1.

Just becuase we have done our business early, it means the squad has more time to gel.

Some of the contempt that Notts fans view us with is condescending to say the least.

What do you guys think about the home and away legs being moved to 1pm? OTT by Notts constab again, right?

I wish you all the best for next year but here is what will happen,

You'll have an exciting couple of next seasons.

Then.... The money will dry up.

If you got promoted you'll get relegated.

Normal service will be resumed with free transfers poor crowds an arsehole chairman and so on.

Cheers' QP.

Quote Originally Posted by CmonUSexyStylishPies View Post
    That's one way of looking at it. Another could be that we identified targets but we've missed out so we've moved onto others, hence no new signing in a month or so.
    Certainly a possibility.

Quote Originally Posted by uysapie View Post
    Certainly a possibility.
    Oops................

Alan Hardy‏Verified account
    @Bigalanh5
    Following
    More
    Alan Hardy Retweeted TomJBurton1994
    Still trying to get our 4 targets and will revert to Plan B targets on Monday if we can't get these over the line by then
    #trust
    #patience

Quote Originally Posted by countygump View Post
    Oops................

Alan Hardy‏Verified account
    @Bigalanh5
    Following
    More
    Alan Hardy Retweeted TomJBurton1994
    Still trying to get our 4 targets and will revert to Plan B targets on Monday if we can't get these over the line by then
    #trust
    #patience
    #getonwithitman - just tell them they've got some nice shirts to wear!

Quote Originally Posted by Old_pie View Post
    #getonwithitman - just tell them they've got some nice shirts to wear!
    Plan B targets can only mean one thing - Notts are dealing in the loans market as the way forward.
    Btw, interesting to note that now the political freds are down to almost zero, the board is so flooded with football and Notts stories.

Quote Originally Posted by sidders View Post
    Plan B targets can only mean one thing - Notts are dealing in the loans market as the way forward.
    Btw, interesting to note that now the political freds are down to almost zero, the board is so flooded with football and Notts stories.
    maybe thats because you have decided to stop starting them?

Quote Originally Posted by Trickytreesreds View Post
    maybe thats because you have decided to stop starting them?
    Irony is completely wasted on you, (twice now). I thought you were reasonably intelligent, but maybe you really are as dumb as Elite says

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast