+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: We can't meet Andres demands

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    It's a worrying possibility that those clubs allegedly interested in him, Spurs, Newcastle, Everton, WHU, have been re-running their videos of last season, and saying "errr hang on a minute lads......".
    Quite possible Sinkov.
    Also agree a Gray bonus isn't the answer in fact it would be divisive and lead him to be greedy.

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    I can't see how a bonus is going to improve him, or ensure he scores more goals ? Surely you're not suggesting he didn't score many last season because we didn't pay him enough ? He is what he is, how can more money make him a better player ?
    I sell more when I am paid more. Simples!

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    I sell more when I am paid more. Simples!
    If only it were that simple BT. Or are you seriously claiming that when Andre (or any striker for that matter) gets a look-in on goal he thinks 'Only 25k a week, feck it, I'll miss this one', or alternatively in the same situation, 'They're paying me 100k a week, this one's going in' ?

Nah, come on BT, it might be like that in Sales, it might work if you get him with his suit on, sat next to his agent talking about a new contract, but it's not like that on a football field.

I completely agree with sinkov.

In the heat of a game, the money doesn't come into it. If it did, the player is a cheat.

Money obviously motivates Mr Gray.

Perhaps my point of view is just too simplistic?

Money in itself isn't a motivator.

It may, though, be a means to achieve the things that really motivate you, like posing on a beach with a bit of top totty, or having the kudos of your mates thinking 'you're the man' or whatever.

Quote Originally Posted by nutsinmay View Post
    Money in itself isn't a motivator.

It may, though, be a means to achieve the things that really motivate you, like posing on a beach with a bit of top totty, or having the kudos of your mates thinking 'you're the man' or whatever.
    It friggin' motivates me!

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    It friggin' motivates me!
    Not unless you eat it or have *** with it

Quote Originally Posted by nutsinmay View Post
    Not unless you eat it or have *** with it
    Not entirely sure why we are all even bothering with a discussion on Gray, he will be soon gone!

- Gray Area.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)