+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: We can't meet Andres demands

I think footballers measure their kudos with the wage they're earning, a bit like the kind of car they have.

...or the WAGS they are pictured with!

IMO Gray is too big for his boots, I know many say if he had the service he's do better, but I cannot see it, his movement for me is sporadic, his first touch is not good enough, he snatch's at chances and very rarely keeps his head up for better options.

Burnley gave him the chance to step up, he did it in brilliant style in the Championship, but the Prem is a big step up and he's found to be wanting.

If he thinks he's a better player then I take my hat off to him for believing in himself, but I cannot see it myself, get shut and quick.

If that £40k cap is correct it means we could pay 25 players our top money and still not come close to paying what the likes of WBA, Sunderland, Stoke and Southampton were paying this last season. Some fans think we can now become 'established' at this level,. No we can'r,

Not sure I want to repeat the Sunderland paradigm sinkov.

Quote Originally Posted by Altobelli View Post
    IMO Gray is too big for his boots, I know many say if he had the service he's do better, but I cannot see it, his movement for me is sporadic, his first touch is not good enough, he snatch's at chances and very rarely keeps his head up for better options.

Burnley gave him the chance to step up, he did it in brilliant style in the Championship, but the Prem is a big step up and he's found to be wanting.

If he thinks he's a better player then I take my hat off to him for believing in himself, but I cannot see it myself, get shut and quick.
    Is he currently on £25M as some articles are suggesting. If so that's a heck of a hike.

All this talk about Newcastle, Spurs and Everton wanting Gray plus the 100,000 pw wage is typical agent hype , with the blessing of Gray .

The sooner we are shut the better. But of course that's what they both want. If there is a club stupid enough to buy him . And there probably is .

Good riddance , can't come soon enough. He's done his bit in getting us where we are but not one to help us put roots down in the Premier League

#thechampionshipisourlevel

Burnley look set to lose star striker Andre Gray this summer after his contract talks stall, with the Chronicle claiming that Newcastle may be prepared to ‘steal in and take advantage’ by offering him the £70,000 a week wages he desires to lure him to Tyneside.

Ah well if that's true we just need to make sure they have to pay £20M for the privilege

http://www.nufcblog.co.uk/2017/06/30...st-james-park/

NUFC Blog which has been composed from information published in a couple of 'dailies' today.
    Chronicle is saying that they are in the market for Ojo on loan from Liverpool who we have also been linked with.

Quote Originally Posted by Supersub6 View Post
    NUFC Blog which has been composed from information published in a couple of 'dailies' today.
    Chronicle is saying that they are in the market for Ojo on loan from Liverpool who we have also been linked with.
    Think Liverpool has said he isn't going to anyone
    http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/footba...sheyi-10712631

However for Andre - this says Everton and Tottenham Hotspur are weighing up a move, while West Ham remain keen.

https://westhamworld.co.uk/west-ham-...ey-break-down/
    Last edited by oldcolner; 30-06-2017 at 06:38 PM.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)