+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Warwickshire CCC shock

I have just read that a Championship record fell to a Warwick batsmen in this game. Andy Umeed scored the slowest century in championship history. 113 in 429 minutes. Nine more than the previous slowest scored in 1914.

Quote Originally Posted by goodlordmurphy View Post
    Bloody hell HLC...should I start building the gallows now...never known such pessimism...I'm afraid I would have you kicked out of the dressing room mate...
    They've been shocking this summer, both in batting and bowling. Got a draw today, Lancs. 178 for 4 match drawn. I guess it's raining in Brum.
    30 points from safety with the team immediately above them having a game in hand. Lost 4 games so far by an innings+ Looks pretty dire GLM.

Quote Originally Posted by Q165 View Post
    I have just read that a Championship record fell to a Warwick batsmen in this game. Andy Umeed scored the slowest century in championship history. 113 in 429 minutes. Nine more than the previous slowest scored in 1914.
    Well thats one record that they can take with them Q, as they march towards Division Two.
    Both of our games were ruined by the weather this week and its annoying that theres no way of avoiding it. Unless they could play in an indoor stadium!

Quote Originally Posted by Acido View Post
    Well thats one record that they can take with them Q, as they march towards Division Two.
    Both of our games were ruined by the weather this week and its annoying that theres no way of avoiding it. Unless they could play in an indoor stadium!
    Be a bloody big stadium with a bloody big roof to accommodate a few hundred fans

Quote Originally Posted by holmleighchris View Post
    Be a bloody big stadium with a bloody big roof to accommodate a few hundred fans
    Exactly, no such stadium exists so theres no way of beating the wet weather. (I was being sarcy when I suggested it)

Quote Originally Posted by Q165 View Post
    I was listening to commentary on radio while driving and when Umeed got out one of them posed a question about Michael Bond and two others that died and asked what they all had in common, after some head scratching the other commentator gave up and the answer was they all died during Umeed's innings....

Hey, even though that lads innings was a terribly boring negative and tedious scrape of our time and effort....
    it was still more exciting and funny and entertaining than every single episode of Mrs Browns boys put together!!
    So thats consolation to Worrikshire crikkit club at least.

ps - I might get rollocked for that lol.
    Last edited by Acido; 29-06-2017 at 09:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Acido View Post
    Hey, even though that lads innings was a terribly boring negative and tedious scrape of our time and effort....
    it was still more exciting and funny and entertaining than every single episode of Mrs Browns boys put together!!
    So thats consolation to Worrikshire crikkit club at least.

ps - I might get rollocked for that lol.
    The innings was a job that needed doing and Umeed did it well...I love cricket matches that are not so prdictable.

Quote Originally Posted by goodlordmurphy View Post
    The innings was a job that needed doing and Umeed did it well...I love cricket matches that are not so prdictable.
    Seriously Goody, its always nice to see other cricket fans on here and as you will have noticed already...
    Im a Yorkshire cricket fan (and Barnsley FC fan as well).
    I agree that horrible innings can prove to be match winning as well, even if they arent good to watch and Geoff Boycott was the epitome of that sort of thing. (even though he was before my time as a fan)

Is it true Acido that you never need to ask a man you meet whether he's from Yorkshire as he'll already have told you?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)