+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Scousers get their man/men

Quote Originally Posted by RaminNZ View Post
    The truth also hurts, well scousers anyway!!! I was there and I can tell you that the truth has not been uncovered at all or certainly not come out in the open as it would upset the families. The ones that died were innocent victims they came to the game with a ticket in plenty of time didnt drink and were there to enjoy themselves SOME people were the exact opposite!!!!!. You are right statements were changed for whatever reason BUT why aren't the ones that were drunk rushed the gates en mass and also caused the crush charged? In MY eyes they are the guilty ones its just very easy to lay ALL the blame at the polices feet and officials feet as thats what the Scousers shouted so loud about and we cant upset bereaved families can we ask the ones from Hysel
    Can we please move away from this anti-scouser nonsense. You can hate the accent, the martyr complex, the music, Emlyn Hughes, whatever but let's be fair.
    I'm sure there were some badly behaved Liverpool fans at Hillsborough that day, just as I'm sure there were badly behaved scousers at Hysel. If all football supporters, rather than just the majority, behaved themselves then there wouldn't be the need for the huge amount of policing at matches would there?
    Fact is, they don't...but they are a minority - even at Millwall - and the Hillsborough disaster was caused, first and foremost imo, by inadequate policing and poor crowd control in an outdated (Leppings Lane is still horrible) stadium. Similarly the Hysel tragedy was caused largely by a huge match being held in a neglected and totally inadequate stadium. Yes Liverpool fans - a minority of them - were the common denominator but blaming 'scousers' makes about as much sense as blaming smokers for the Bradford fire or injury time goals for the Ibrox disaster. Stadiums and those who police them have to be up to the job and take account of all eventualities.

Accidents happen all the time but when there are deaths more scrutiny is involved! (and rightly so) But although it's an accident there is always someone who has to take the blame as this brings closure and acceptance by families involved and the public.
    Will there ever come a time when we will all have to sign a disclaimer before watching live entertainment, or even renting accommodation, I dread the thought!

ramAnag I agree with you, well stated. Most have turned up at football grounds worse for ware. I just hate the dishonesty of those in charge just so they can keep their big salaries and pensions.
    It happens all the time in our corrupt country, cannot believe anything any more. Child abuse in the top circles of society has and maybe still rife! Hey its just happened with the £1biliion payment to the DUP to keep power and yet there is no money for pay rises for Nurses!
    Religious Leaders and Politicians jokers!
    Maggie hated football supporters she saw them as scum like the miners and union members, consequently she saw their lives as unimportant!

We never learn though.

Sorry for the rant, the good thing is that Hillsboro could never happen again with everyone carrying a camera and social media.
    Hillsboro should be closed down.

Quote Originally Posted by Ramfantastic View Post
    ramAnag I agree with you, well stated. Most have turned up at football grounds worse for ware. I just hate the dishonesty of those in charge just so they can keep their big salaries and pensions.
    It happens all the time in our corrupt country, cannot believe anything any more. Child abuse in the top circles of society has and maybe still rife! Hey its just happened with the £1biliion payment to the DUP to keep power and yet there is no money for pay rises for Nurses!
    Religious Leaders and Politicians jokers!
    Maggie hated football supporters she saw them as scum like the miners and union members, consequently she saw their lives as unimportant!

We never learn though.
    Like!
    Although the cameras and social media would probably only stop the cover up, not the 'disaster'. Getting rid of fences was the most important thing perhaps to come out of that horrible day...despite everything else I'd still like to see a return to 'safe standing' in appropriate stadiums...which is pretty much all of them in the top two 'divisions'.
    Last edited by ramAnag; 29-06-2017 at 01:18 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)