+ Visit Wolverhampton Wanderers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Who have we brought in.

Who have we brought in.

I know we have brought in mostly defenders but off the top of my head I can't remember their names. My friend in Bristol who has no internet has asked me who we have brought in. Can someone be so kind and let me know the players we have brought in, where from and the position(s) they play please. Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by kensleftfoot View Post
    I know we have brought in mostly defenders but off the top of my head I can't remember their names. My friend in Bristol who has no internet has asked me who we have brought in. Can someone be so kind and let me know the players we have brought in, where from and the position(s) they play please. Thank you.
    Ryan Bennett 27 CB Norwich City 3 yrs. Eng. U21 Free 6' 2"
    Roderick Miranda 26 CB Rio Ave 4 yrs. Port U20 £2.645m 6' 3"
    Phil Ofosu-Ayeh 25 RB Eintracht Braunschweig 3 yrs. Ghana Free 6' 0"

Hope this helps!

Quote Originally Posted by Woking88 View Post
    Ryan Bennett 27 CB Norwich City 3 yrs. Eng. U21 Free 6' 2"
    Roderick Miranda 26 CB Rio Ave 4 yrs. Port U20 £2.645m 6' 3"
    Phil Ofosu-Ayeh 25 RB Eintracht Braunschweig 3 yrs. Ghana Free 6' 0"

Hope this helps!
    That is great Woking. It is just what I need. Thank you.

I may be mistaken but reading this makes me almost optimistic about next season. Maybe some one has identified the defence as a problem and decided this is what needs fixing first and then working up towards the forward line. Yes, maybe!

Quote Originally Posted by WOODLANDSWOLF View Post
    I may be mistaken but reading this makes me almost optimistic about next season. Maybe some one has identified the defence as a problem and decided this is what needs fixing first and then working up towards the forward line. Yes, maybe!
    Looks like we're not done either, as we're looking at Scotsman Barry Douglas at LB too. Currently playing in Turkey.

I still think Hause and Iorfa have plenty of potential and have had their moments. Sounded like Hause was pretty solid the second half of the season. Iorfa had a rough year, but also seemed like Lambert never gave him the chance. I would hope Santo could unlock their potential. But they'll have to fight for their minutes.

How can posters be optimistic when the main problem has not been addressed, the ability to score goals ?
    Have any strikers been bought ? Maybe just one forward that
    can find the net on a semi regular basis would be a major
    step forward.

Quote Originally Posted by That lad Smiffy View Post
    How can posters be optimistic when the main problem has not been addressed, the ability to score goals ?
    step forward.
    That is true mate but I think the belief is fix the defence first and the rest will follow. Hopefully. But yes an effective striker would be a massive bonus.

Quote Originally Posted by That lad Smiffy View Post
    step forward.
    In alot of ways, the midfield is more responsible for the lack of goals IMO. We don't have a prolific striker, but we had guys that were capable of scoring some goals. But with scraps to feed on from the midfield, few strikers are going to be putting the ball in the net for us. I'd take someone like Britt Assombalonga no question, but I don't think it's coincidence that our goals starting drying up the minute we sold Kevin McDonald.

There's plenty of time to go until the transfer window closes at the end of August. At this given time i would expect Nuno to be looking at the current squad and letting the powers that be know what positions are lacking in quality.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)