+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: maloney signs

Good signing, great experience.

Very happy for the club to get him on board. Suprised its only a one year deal , but I am sure that could be extended

Like the rest of the guys, a few weeks ago all the doom merchants where predicting the fall on our great club

Now we have DM & Doc back on board.

A few good signings with more to come. Cash in the bank and Dave McCormark on board

Happy days

Starting to suspect the players who left went cos they would now struggle to get in the team, the exception being Hayes

Delighted with Maloney. I'm sure he'll fit right in and we will get a good year out of him.

So wonder when the big unveiling will be sometime today I hope

Quote Originally Posted by foreveradon View Post
    Wasn't so long ago it was all doom and gloom at this rate we will arguably have a stronger team than last season
    Happy days
    I was doom and gloom when the prospect of Hayes and the management were potentially offsky in a matter of days from eachother. This was also before I realised that the Horrible Hobbit had a release clause and thought we were just selling him off our own backs

As said by others, how things change.Now I am happy but I am also very happy with McInnes for staying. But I don't think he was ever leaving and if he has pulled off the blinder I think he has f@cking fair play to him. I cant help think he deliberately spoke to the guff ball team with no intention of signing knowing the respect Milne has for him. He knew the fright to Milne would help his cause transfer wise. Maybe I'm wrong on this but its my suspicion any way.

Derek said after the Scottish Cup final "we go again". Well we are very close to having a cracking team presuming the May rumours are true(get a defender or two in min). So we will be ready to "go again" with a decent team.

COYFR

Quote Originally Posted by Pacman1903 View Post
    I was doom and gloom when the prospect of Hayes and the management were potentially offsky in a matter of days from eachother. This was also before I realised that the Horrible Hobbit had a release clause and thought we were just selling him off our own backs

As said by others, how things change.Now I am happy but I am also very happy with McInnes for staying. But I don't think he was ever leaving and if he has pulled off the blinder I think he has f@cking fair play to him. I cant help think he deliberately spoke to the guff ball team with no intention of signing knowing the respect Milne has for him. He knew the fright to Milne would help his cause transfer wise. Maybe I'm wrong on this but its my suspicion any way.

Derek said after the Scottish Cup final "we go again". Well we are very close to having a cracking team presuming the May rumours are true(get a defender or two in min). So we will be ready to "go again" with a decent team.

COYFR
    I agree to some extent Pacman, however i think there is a mutual respect between Derek and Stewart and had that relationship not existed then he may have been gone long before now. I also have no doubt that at the back of his mind he will have been thinking the situation could have worked to his advantage however Derek is abundantly aware of his budget which will have been agreed upon. Selling Hayes and bringing in investment from McCormick will have helped the board to "up" the budget to some extent.

Maloney is a fantastic signing and he will add some priceless experience. I agree with Pac, a couple of defenders, get May and we will have an excellent team. I agree with others sentiments as well, that we could well have an even better team than we had last season. The good news for me is that we also have young fringe players who are looking to break into the squad in key positions. If we can bleed them into the team, we could be looking at a very decent setup.

Better off with a young winger anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by OneBrianIrvine View Post
    Youth coming through is even more key this season given we are going to have 2 loanees in the first team and an injury prone 34 yo. No doubt KM going next year to if not before . As such we are going to be in same position this time next year. Hopefully some of the young 'un's have cemented a place by then.

I like the quality of our signings but they just feel a bit short-termist.

Absolutely Quine.

A bit more short term than you might think.

Quote Originally Posted by donsdaft View Post
    Absolutely Quine.

A bit more short term than you might think.
    It's got a Jimmy Calderwood feel to it, albeit with better players. Need a better plan than making it from one window to the next

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast