+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Proctor and ......

I'm not going to criticise any of our signings until I've seen them play a few times and they've had a fair chance to establish themselves in the team.
    However, I'm still hoping that we are going to see some genuine quality added to the squad before the season starts.
    Tony Stewart said that Paul Warne can have the profit from the Danny Ward sale to strengthen the squad so we'll have to see if he's a man of his word.

Quote Originally Posted by millmoormagic View Post
    True, it seems some 'fans' need a scapegoat even before the pre season starts, crackers...
    Not about a scapegoat and I am optimistic we have the best midfield and defence in league 1. That's why I'm so anoyed for our team to be let down buy buying an unproven cheap injury prone striker.

Not to mention don't we fans deserve someone better?

All we need is a real striker then we are good to go

On a positive note a pic' of players back in training JCH looks lighter. Proctor: if it's true we're after Doidge whose 6ft 2inch what do we need Proctor for. Still need someone for Adeyemi whose not going to sign for us.

Yet another example who struggled in West Broms reserves ........Bobby Williamson

@Silly-miller “I am optimistic we have the best midfield and defence in league 1”. The defence let in 98 league goals last season and the only addition so far is Michael Ihiekwe who is unproven at League 1 level. I’m not confident of a back line that reads Fisher – Ajayi (I like him) – Ihiekwe – Purrington. Mattock, Broadfoot and Wood are experienced but were all part of last season’s defensive frailty. I can see us needing two or three 20 goal forwards if we are to win more games than we lose.

Quote Originally Posted by Silly-miller View Post
    Yes on tv once he can't hit a ball on target and lacks fitness.

I watch every football game on tv he come off bench normally because like blackstock he can't play a full game due to past injuries. That's why signing him is such a shock.

He may be ok for a team like Lincoln a low league 2 club but if we sign him we must be getting ready for league 2. He needs to go to league 2 for a year because at this moment he is no where near ready for a top league 1 club.

I'm not knocking him I'm just saying how I see it from that match I saw and his stats.
    Let us know when you actually do knock him then!

Quote Originally Posted by Pattylallacks2 View Post
    Let us know when you actually do knock him then!
    creasing

Quote Originally Posted by millertop View Post
    creasing
    He looks like he belongs on criminals most wanted (knocking him) lol

Any player needs a run in a team - settled tactics / players around him and the tactics must suit their game !

That is: If that player is to thrive....that one reason any player can't be branded if these basic requirements arn't met.

Not rocket science....just common sense really.

A new season - new challenges - the TEAM is more important than the individuals within it - we need to have a philosophy that the squad buys into and players can slot into when called upon....preferably a rotation system initially then the players who show the most - and the shirt has to be his until tactics dictate otherwise.

TS is right - at this level our squad should be very competitive ! If played correctly!

Iv been hearing that proctor had a medical this morning. I wonder if he failed it 🤞

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast