+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Tom Ince

Christie and Keogh sold, Blackman and Vydra loaned out and Bent mutual termination, that's my prediction.....

Quote Originally Posted by Fishing Rod View Post
    I'd hate to see Bryson go.
    Really? I would have done three and a bit years ago...but not now.

ramAnag. No I wouldn't let Bryson go ( no not because he's a neighbour ) He was poor last season but most of the team was The thing about Bryson is he wants to play for the club and he's a really good finisher if he is played in the right formation I'm rally pleased about Hughes and Ince going don't worry about losing their creativity we will be signing better players can't say anymore at the moment

Quote Originally Posted by mistaram View Post
    I'm rally pleased about Hughes and Ince going don't worry about losing their creativity we will be signing better players can't say anymore at the moment
    Better players!

Keep reading about reducing the squad by 6 and bringing 2 or 3 in. Isn't that reducing by 3 or 4?.

Plus we've already let 2 go and brought 2 in.

So are we now looking at reducing by 4 and bringing 1 or 2 in?

Or are we literally looking at letting 9 or 10 go and bringing 3 or 4 in, hence reducing the squad by 6?

🙃

ramAnag. No I wouldn't let Bryson go ( no not because he's a neighbour ) He was poor last season but most of the team was The thing about Bryson is he wants to play for the club and he's a really good finisher if he is played in the right formation I'm rally pleased about Hughes and Ince going don't worry about losing their creativity we will be signing better players can't say anymore at the moment
    I take notice of you mista because I'm always aware that you see more than most of Derby and certainly watch them at least twice as often as me. In my experience and opinion I haven't seen Bryson have a genuinely good game since March 2014. Saddens me, because at his best he's one of our finest signings for many years...unfortunately his best, imo, has rarely been seen for three years now because of a combination of injury, poor form and ever changing managerial strategy. Not entirely his fault but three under achieving seasons on his salary is too long imo.

P.S. Coincidentally I feel almost exactly the same about Jonny Russell.

ramAnag Yes can't disagree with you I'm sure your well aware of my opinions of Russell and Ince add Bent as well Rowett has a big job on his hands going to take a couple more windows to get the dross out I think We have players nobody will buy and can't give them away because they are not going to go for less money than they are on now

ramAnag Yes can't disagree with you I'm sure your well aware of my opinions of Russell and Ince add Bent as well Rowett has a big job on his hands going to take a couple more windows to get the dross out I think We have players nobody will buy and can't give them away because they are not going to go for less money than they are on now
    Absolutely right...'Catch 22'.

Can pay them off though. I'm sure they'll suddenly find a club then. Of course as a last resort.

Bent for instance..... say he's on 25k a week thats about 1.2m a year. Offer him 750k and he's free to talk to another club.... that is, in the long run saving the club money and in the short making the squad more manageable.

In any universe your going to struggle persuading another club to part with their cash for dross like bĺackman, camera, ollson, bent, butterfield, shackell and christie,, and we paid 15m for those mentioned, not to mention the obsenely high wages they are on.

Del boys "find yourself a right pair of plonkers with cash on the hip" has never been more apt mr rush and mr morris.

We are going to have to pay them off if were to get rid and build a better more harmonious squad.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)