+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: OT. Why is it that only on this site

OT. Why is it that only on this site

I keep winning an iPhone7 so 'click here' or my samsung galaxy note 5 software is out of date and I need to click 'OK' to update it, can't use the back button as it doesn't work either, you close down fully but when you reopen the site it's still there or pops back up within 10secs, no other site I visit does this

advert problem

try a pop-up blocker................... if that doesn't work please tell me and I will inform HQ. They are at present trying to lose some of the invasive advertising on the site, so please let me know if it is causing you problems.

Have forwarded your problem to HQ and now waiting for them to answer.

Thanks Ian, I've tried ad blockers but it stops me opening other sites until I disable it, just a PITA having to enable disable enable disable

Just to offer another symptom, the site gets progressively slower the longer I'm on it, and I've seen other people say that, someone mentioned last week that when they wanted to write a long post they wrote it in word and cut and pasted to avoid the site freezing on them.

Quote Originally Posted by Andy_Faber View Post
    Just to offer another symptom, the site gets progressively slower the longer I'm on it, and I've seen other people say that, someone mentioned last week that when they wanted to write a long post they wrote it in word and cut and pasted to avoid the site freezing on them.
    Yes I've had the same, very noticeable if you type fast, sometimes you can be 10 words in and the first hasn't even appeared on the screen, then 3 appear in quick succession then the rest letter by letter, very laggy and very a annoying

Agree with and have experienced all pf the above. Stenson - you can try white listing those sites you want to visit using *******er browser. Usually works.....

Cheers Dog, I'll try that and give it ago, FYI I'm using a note 5 and a new galaxy tab S3, can you recommend a blocker?

Cool Ad problems

Quote Originally Posted by StensonRam View Post
    Thanks Ian, I've tried ad blockers but it stops me opening other sites until I disable it, just a PITA having to enable disable enable disable
    The only thing I can offer is this reply I have been given by HQ.................................
    'As far as I'm aware we aren't running any popup ads now so it could well be something on his phone rather than on our pages. Please ask him to provide full details for us to investigate:'

Device, browser, url of page viewed, screenshot etc.

Regards, Bloomeram

Quote Originally Posted by Andy_Faber View Post
    Sorry not into all the technical stuff, editing is hard enough at the moment, with two editing suites to cope with, plus an update to my windows 10 means I now have to use a separate browser just to be able to upload photographs............ I will mention your problem to HQ tomorrow Andy.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)