+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: O/T Voting against abolishing the wages CAP

O/T Voting against abolishing the wages CAP

Whatever your party beliefs are, you will all agree the recognition we have seen for our nurses, firemean, armed services, care services.. you name it.. those worked through the recent horrific tragic events (Manchester, Borough and Grenfell) deserve to have the wage cap lifted? I think it is disgusting that they have been denied this. To make matters worse, there was a loud cheer by the Tories when they won this vote. This is just sickening to hear of. I really didn't want to start another topic sounding like i am Tory bashing again, but surely any decent person will agree this is harsh.
    Last edited by regis80; 30-06-2017 at 11:42 AM.

I doubt that there are many people who believe that nurses, police, paramedics, etc, etc, are not deserving of higher pay than, say, footballers. The problem is, of course, how to pay the appropriate wages for all these deserving people. Just about the only correct thing Theresa May has said recently is that there is no magic money tree. We still have a national deficit of staggering proportions and that cannot be ignored. We need a complete overhaul of our tax and expenditure; there is no political party showing any idea about how to go about the task; the Tories are a total shambles and Labour just seems to think that we can spend, spend spend, regardless of the financial consequences. We need healthy doses of realism and pragmatism. The big issue of our time is Brexit, how on Earth anyone thinks that we have a chance of paying public sector workers what they deserve if we exit the EU is quite amazing. In order to remunerate these people correctly we need financial stability and Brexit will deliver the opposite. No political party has the guts to say that in everyone's interest, we should ditch Brexit and build bridges with our European partners.

I believe we are £1.5 TRILLION in debt as a country.

We borrow a staggering amount each year and add to this debt pile.

We send £13.7 Billion away each year in "foreign aid" and this is index linked and increased every year.

So we borrow billions to send billions whilst people die lying in their own p I s s and emergency workers and police etc earn less in real terms than they did a decade ago.

The "Liberal Elite" who infest ALL political parties are the problem.....so desperate to be seen as "doing good" around the world whilst sacrificing their own people.

What a f kin national disgrace.

Tory,Labour,Liberal all equally as stupid and naive as each other.

Yes it is disgusting. I want good public services and emergency services who are properly rewarded for the challenging jobs they do. We are a wealthy country and this should be a given.

Yes, we are in debt and this needs to come down. Why I liked Labours manifesto was because it offered hope. It offered a lot of things I believed in and a more even spread of wealth.

Foreign Aid actually saves lives. Many of those lives in the Middle East we have put in jeapordy through our failed foreign policy and UK made bombs being dropped on them. I think this should still be given as well as solidly supporting our own emergency services.

You can say all you like about Labour's figures not adding up, but the Tories have missed every deficit target since they have been in power. Quite why people think they are better at running the economy is beyond me.

And, if you do employ more police / pay nurses more as per Labours manifesto, you are providing much needed economic stimulus to the economy. Right now, the economy is stagnating. And the poster above is spot on, pursuing Brexit will not in any way help drive growth or improve our economy.

Quote Originally Posted by kettering_baggie View Post
    I doubt that there are many people who believe that nurses, police, paramedics, etc, etc, are not deserving of higher pay than, say, footballers. The problem is, of course, how to pay the appropriate wages for all these deserving people. Just about the only correct thing Theresa May has said recently is that there is no magic money tree. We still have a national deficit of staggering proportions and that cannot be ignored. We need a complete overhaul of our tax and expenditure; there is no political party showing any idea about how to go about the task; the Tories are a total shambles and Labour just seems to think that we can spend, spend spend, regardless of the financial consequences. We need healthy doses of realism and pragmatism. The big issue of our time is Brexit, how on Earth anyone thinks that we have a chance of paying public sector workers what they deserve if we exit the EU is quite amazing. In order to remunerate these people correctly we need financial stability and Brexit will deliver the opposite. No political party has the guts to say that in everyone's interest, we should ditch Brexit and build bridges with our European partners.
    1,if we ditch brexit we are no longer a democratic country.2,fact all public services are paid by taxpayers we give them all a rise (which I'm not against) then the taxpayer moans , 3,EU is money gobbling establishment.

Quote Originally Posted by albion68 View Post
    1,if we ditch brexit we are no longer a democratic country.2,fact all public services are paid by taxpayers we give them all a rise (which I'm not against) then the taxpayer moans , 3,EU is money gobbling establishment.
    I don't get it.

Pleas explain the "if we ditch Brexit we are no longer a democratic country"

And

EU is money gobbling establishment.

Please expand?

I fully expect a nasty, cheap dig at me but go on, I challenge you to a decent response.

Have a go big boy...

Public sector workers receive higher wages...

http://tinyurl.com/zadjxmt

Quote Originally Posted by phild View Post
    Public sector workers receive higher wages...

http://tinyurl.com/zadjxmt

It is difficult to generalise as there are such a wide range of jobs in the public sector. It does not apply to all. If I had wanted I know could have earnt more privately.

Quote Originally Posted by Newcy Wolf View Post
    I don't get it.

And

Please expand?

I fully expect a nasty, cheap dig at me but go on, I challenge you to a decent response.

Have a go big boy...
    I don't now about you I always thought a democrat country . You have a vote and the majority wins .so if we ditch the EU now that's not democratic. EU money gobblers have you seen the obscene salaries a mep gets.and you are right I am a big boy.well man actually.

Quote Originally Posted by Newcy Wolf View Post
    I don't get it.

And

Please expand?

Have a go big boy...
    democracy means we can sack our elected ruling party every 5 years if we so wish,as for the unelected EU gravytrain riders?theres your answer

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)