+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: O/T Voting against abolishing the wages CAP

Quote Originally Posted by mickd1961 View Post
    I believe we are £1.5 TRILLION in debt as a country.

We borrow a staggering amount each year and add to this debt pile.

We send £13.7 Billion away each year in "foreign aid" and this is index linked and increased every year.

So we borrow billions to send billions whilst people die lying in their own p I s s and emergency workers and police etc earn less in real terms than they did a decade ago.

The "Liberal Elite" who infest ALL political parties are the problem.....so desperate to be seen as "doing good" around the world whilst sacrificing their own people.

What a f kin national disgrace.

Tory,Labour,Liberal all equally as stupid and naive as each other.
    Like...now where is that button...

the absoloute disgrace is the foriegn aid budget,we give to north korea ffs and india who have a space programme amongst others.im all for helping out the proper poor countrys but this budget must be severley reigned in

Overseas aid department has 2208 employees FFS....that many people needed to give away £13.3 billion!

386 of those have been taken on in the last 12 months alone!

Average salary per member of staff is £53k per annum.

Meanwhile people still die here lying in their own bodily waste.

Quote Originally Posted by mickd1961 View Post
    Overseas aid department has 2208 employees FFS....that many people needed to give away £13.3 billion!

386 of those have been taken on in the last 12 months alone!

Average salary per member of staff is £53k per annum.

Meanwhile people still die here lying in their own bodily waste.
    we can thank dodgy dave for this as it was his govt that enshrined it in law that it has to be 0.07% of the UKs gross national income every year.disgraceful
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016...upt-countries/

Which thread mentioned consultants getting loads of money per day they could start recouping some of it there.

Quote Originally Posted by goodlordmurphy View Post
    Which thread mentioned consultants getting loads of money per day they could start recouping some of it there.
    Yes Murphy,absolutely disgraceful.

Quote Originally Posted by phild View Post
    Public sector workers receive higher wages...

http://tinyurl.com/zadjxmt
    I know I can earn more doing private work, and there would be less stress and risk of injury as well. Many of my colleagues have realised it, that is why their is currently a retention crisis in front line ambulance trusts.

If you take into account our pension contributions doubling (mine has gone from 5% to 10.6% in the last 6 years), then the 1% per year we have received over the last 6 years is actually less than 1% total. Although admittedly in that time I have moved up a band so my pay has gone up, mind you in that time period I have also spent £3600 out of my own pocket on training courses, which the move up a band will not repay for 3 years.

But I am also a tax payer & I understand that the government cannot afford to give us large pay rises (keeping up with inflation would be nice though).

But to see them cheering the vote been thrown out makes my blood boil, and it to be closely followed by them giving away £1billion so that May can keep her job just shows what a bunch of hypocritical Bar stewards politicians are.

Lizzie from Buck house has got another rise of 8% plus another new roof. MPs have had big rises.NHS staff deserve there wage cap lifted.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)