+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Scary fact to make over forties feel old!

Scary fact to make over forties feel old!

Who remembers the Millers beating Plymouth to win Division 3?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k0229gOO3-I

That day was closer to the end of World War 2 that it is to today.

Yep, I was there, one of the great Millmoor memories, still brings a lump to the throat watching those scenes.

Remember it well.
    We were on the Tivoli singing "you only sing when you're fishing" to the few Plymouth fans who were at the Railway end.
    Happy days 😊

Aye , remember it well , rumours flying around Oakwell you were getting well beaten and we were the champions .

The day the blunts got relegated to division 4 too .

Give you millers that one although it still bugs me all these years later .

Grrrrrr !!!!

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    Aye , remember it well , rumours flying around Oakwell you were getting well beaten and we were the champions .

Grrrrrr !!!!
    I remember that season better than I remember last season!

Barnsley blew it the week before by not taking advantage of our defeat at Brentford by losing away at the divisions whipping boys, Alan Ball's Blackpool.

Remember getting on Rileys coach at Griffin park thinking we'd blown it and wondering why everyone was cheering then joined in cheering on hearing the Barnsley result. Happy days!!

Ah..memories, brought the hairs on the back of my neck up that!! where are all those fans by the way, i bet there was close to 20.000 in (though only 11.000 official haha)

Last game of the season wasn't it?

About 11500 there.

All that sand on the pitch would make Dexter Blackstock feel at home.

Ye, last match, we were promoted with quite a few games to go but had to wait until the last for the title. I went to all the later matches in expectation but lost at Barnsley then at Brentford... obviously just building up the excitement and anticipation.

Won 17 Drawn 6 Lost 0 at home, we drew first match 2-2 against Fulham then only conceded about 4 more all season, as I recall.
    Last edited by leedsmiller; 30-06-2017 at 01:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post

Grrrrrr !!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by leedsmiller View Post
    Ye, last match, we were promoted with quite a few games to go but had to wait until the last for the title. I went to all the later matches in expectation but lost at Barnsley then at Brentford... obviously just building up the excitement and anticipation.
    All these years later I still say Barnsley's "winner" didn't cross the line!

Quote Originally Posted by millmoormagic View Post
    Ah..memories, brought the hairs on the back of my neck up that!! where are all those fans by the way, i bet there was close to 20.000 in (though only 11.000 official haha)
    Yes, I was there... great game, great team. great season, and a fitting finale

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast