+ Visit England Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Tomorrow.....

The Tour de France is the most gruelling strength sapping intense sporting event this world has ever seen.

The dedication and passion involved puts footballers to shame.

No contest.

Red face

Quote Originally Posted by Newcy Wolf View Post
    The Tour de France is the most gruelling strength sapping intense sporting event this world has ever seen.

The dedication and passion involved puts footballers to shame.

No contest.

At last a believer!!

Quote Originally Posted by frenchlion View Post
    I take it that you did not quite appreciate the Tour visiting Yorkshire a couple of years ago. Yes?
    It did come to Yorkshire yes, but I think I was off watching some paint dry at the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Acido View Post
    It did come to Yorkshire yes, but I think I was off watching some paint dry at the time.
    The Tour is not just a cycling race but also a "Shop window" for the different regions that Tour goes through. Cities and regions pay a small fortune to receive the Tour. Millions of people on the continent discovered,because of the Tour and via television,the fabulous Yorkshire county side. The organisers of the Tour have since created the Tour of Yorkshire which has become a major race in the international calander. I don't how much revenue it generates for business in Yorkshire (Hotels,restaurants,pubs etc) but it must be worth a few shillings.

Quote Originally Posted by frenchlion View Post
    The Tour is not just a cycling race but also a "Shop window" for the different regions that Tour goes through. Cities and regions pay a small fortune to receive the Tour. Millions of people on the continent discovered,because of the Tour and via television,the fabulous Yorkshire county side. The organisers of the Tour have since created the Tour of Yorkshire which has become a major race in the international calander. I don't how much revenue it generates for business in Yorkshire (Hotels,restaurants,pubs etc) but it must be worth a few shillings.
    who gives a toss about the revenue issues, fact is the brits now seem to dominate this sport and should be appraised as all other successful athletes!

More than 2000 miles over a three week period with two "rest" days. Watched by more people than the World Cup or Olympics.

Makes me feel so sorry for the overworked footballer when they have to play two games a week.

Quote Originally Posted by dagenhamJohn View Post
    who gives a toss about the revenue issues, fact is the brits now seem to dominate this sport and should be appraised as all other successful athletes!
    Evening John...cycling is not just the Tour de France which, effectively because of Sky, two British cyclists have dominated over the past 5 years. But there are also the Giro of Italy (probably even tougher than the Tour) the Veulta of Spain and the races that are known as the "monuments" or the one day classics....where strangely the British riders, except Cavendish who won Milan/San Remo, are totally absent.

Tour De France up t' North England Aye Where is t '.Whippet?Name:  PENNY FARTHING.jpg
Views: 34
Size:  23.1 KB
    Last edited by trickydick; 02-07-2017 at 07:37 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12