+ Visit England Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tomorrow.....

Tomorrow.....

Is the start of the greatest annual sporting event.....Le Tour de France. Other than the cycling nut Tricky will anybody else follow the race?

AAAGGGHHH!!!!
    I only have to drive/walk down the road to see the Tour De France!
    Dam cyclists cutting up motorists and running red lights and knocking over pensioners on the pavement and ignoring the highway code and ignoring cycle lanes that the hard up council has provided for them and the dam cyclists who cannot afford 20 sovs for a set of cycle lights and their saddle is so worn they tie a plastic bag around it and the cyclists who dump their cycles on the ground outside shops which prevents disabled people getting access to their groceries and cyclists who have cycle rage and pink lycra shorts and the cyclists who actually do have lights have the illegal flashing lights and cyclists who ride with flat tyres and no brakes!!
    Anyway enjoy it Frenchie lol

Quote Originally Posted by trickydick View Post
    AAAGGGHHH!!!!
    I only have to drive/walk down the road to see the Tour De France!
    Dam cyclists cutting up motorists and running red lights and knocking over pensioners on the pavement and ignoring the highway code and ignoring cycle lanes that the hard up council has provided for them and the dam cyclists who cannot afford 20 sovs for a set of cycle lights and their saddle is so worn they tie a plastic bag around it and the cyclists who dump their cycles on the ground outside shops which prevents disabled people getting access to their groceries and cyclists who have cycle rage and pink lycra shorts and the cyclists who actually do have lights have the illegal flashing lights and cyclists who ride with flat tyres and no brakes!!
    Anyway enjoy it Frenchie lol
    I had a feeling that you would appreciate the thread!!

Quote Originally Posted by frenchlion View Post
    I had a feeling that you would appreciate the thread!!
    Oh yeah Frenchie getting me started on the pests of the highway lol.
    And another thing why do cyclists smoke as they are cycling along?
    And they smoke cycling through petrol stations and cycle smoking past churches and funeral parlours and they take short cuts through cemeteries .........................................That is all i shall say on the subject!

Quote Originally Posted by trickydick View Post
    Oh yeah Frenchie getting me started on the pests of the highway lol.
    And another thing why do cyclists smoke as they are cycling along?
    And they smoke cycling through petrol stations and cycle smoking past churches and funeral parlours and they take short cuts through cemeteries .........................................That is all i shall say on the subject!
    Evening Tricky...every year the Tour allows "Sunday morning" cyclists (like me) to take part in what is known as the "Stage of the Tour"
    15000 cyclists will use exactly the same roads ( entirely closed to all traffic) as the Professionals. This year the stage is 185 kilometres from Briancon to the Col D'Izoard. One of my sons signed up to participate and has been seriously training for months for the event. A few weeks ago we went with my other son on a reconnaissance ride to see what what was in store. The route is fantastic in a really beautiful part of France....but phucking hell it's pure torture!
    There will be a few steepish climbs before the first of two mountains....the Col de Vars which is at 2100 metres then after the descent the second mountain which is the terrible Col D'Izoard which culminates at 2300 metres with gradients of 12/13% which seems to go on and on and on but once it's finished......Jeez you know you have done something special!
    Give cycling a try...and you will be converted!

Quote Originally Posted by frenchlion View Post
    Evening Tricky...every year the Tour allows "Sunday morning" cyclists (like me) to take part in what is known as the "Stage of the Tour"
    15000 cyclists will use exactly the same roads ( entirely closed to all traffic) as the Professionals. This year the stage is 185 kilometres from Briancon to the Col D'Izoard. One of my sons signed up to participate and has been seriously training for months for the event. A few weeks ago we went with my other son on a reconnaissance ride to see what what was in store. The route is fantastic in a really beautiful part of France....but phucking hell it's pure torture!
    There will be a few steepish climbs before the first of two mountains....the Col de Vars which is at 2100 metres then after the descent the second mountain which is the terrible Col D'Izoard which culminates at 2300 metres with gradients of 12/13% which seems to go on and on and on but once it's finished......Jeez you know you have done something special!
    Give cycling a try...and you will be converted!
    You will be surprised to know i own a Claud Butler mountain bike, Only a £300 quid job though and its gathering dust in my brothers garage. Never rode it on the road though just disused railway paths turned into cycle ways.But i used to push it up gradients to my shame #Unfit lol

won't be watching due to other commitments but will keep updated....

Not a massive fan but do like to watch some.. quite exciting at times tbh.

Now women's tennis in week ? -)

Tour de Frog, whats that all about eh ? Loads of ponces on fancy cycles whooshing about on our streets and looking like tossers.

Quote Originally Posted by Acido View Post
    Tour de Frog, whats that all about eh ? Loads of ponces on fancy cycles whooshing about on our streets and looking like tossers.
    I take it that you did not quite appreciate the Tour visiting Yorkshire a couple of years ago. Yes?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast