+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Barry Island weekend-what's it all about ?

Barry Island weekend-what's it all about ?

I live about 20 mins from this South Wales resort and am trying to find out why people would want to go there !!! It's a dump !! However the beach is vey clean and has won awards. Barry Island was in its heyday when there was a Butlins camp there in the sixties and was always a popular holiday destination . Is this meeting of fans regular event ? Can someone fill me in on the details please ?

Its a p!ss up with various football fans from across the country of all ages,but mostly 40 plus.. The venue is probably just chosen at random,so no where is safe.. It has been going for several years, all great guys..

Aye a P!ss up for those that want it, I like a drink but don't go overboard and a few of us like to go sightseeing while the rest stay and prop up the bar, Been to York, Blackpool a few times Torquay and Weston Super to name a few, its not the place we go for, it's the company which makes the weekend as we generally have a cracking 2/3 days, come and visit us Malwayne, you'll fit in if you can mix with Millwall, Burnley, Derby, Swindon fans and have a good laugh.

I'm just cleaning and re-lacing the old drinking boots Alto!

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    I'm just cleaning and re-lacing the old drinking boots Alto!
    Thanks for the invite. Maybe I'll do just that. I have no problem mixing in with fans no matter where they come from( except Cardiff) I 'll have to try and find my bucket and spade in the meantime.

Most of us are staying in The Mount Rooms Friday and Saturday night, BT is in the Travel Lodge I think, although hopefully we'll be out and about so if you are coming let us know before the date and I'll PM you a phone # so you can get hold of us wherever we are wandering malwayne.

BT is in the Premier Inn arriving Friday, departing Monday. Four days of debauchery!

Meet up on Sunday night if you fancy it malwayne, if the others have all departed?

For some reason I have Travel Lodge in my dreams as I mentioned it to someone else the other week meaning The Premier Inn, I'm getting old and as forgetful as alf

Is Lennie Henry joining us?

What position does he play?

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)