+ Visit Wolverhampton Wanderers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How the bookies see the new season so far.

How the bookies see the new season so far.

With just over a month to go before the big kick off, here is the current betting.
    Aston Villa 8/1
    Middlesborough 8/1
    Norwich 10/1
    Fulham 10/1
    Wolves 12/1 We were 18/1 last week!
    Derby 16/1
    Leeds 16/1
    Hull 18/1

Some betting shops may differ on certain prices and these may change depending on pending transfers.

Villa favourites?

Surely that can't be based on the John Terry acquisition?

I'm surprised we are above Hull, Leeds and Derby to be honest.

Where's Sunderland? They haven't done anything in the transfer window yet, but I imagine they've gotta be one of the favorites considering the size of the club.

A couple of movements today, Sheffield Wed cut to 12/1 after their signings and Sunderland, around 16/1. I suppose their price reflects who they might lose.

Quote Originally Posted by abbobrom View Post
    With just over a month to go before the big kick off, here is the current betting.
    Aston Villa 8/1
    Middlesborough 8/1
    Norwich 10/1
    Fulham 10/1
    Wolves 12/1 We were 18/1 last week!
    Derby 16/1
    Leeds 16/1
    Hull 18/1

Some betting shops may differ on certain prices and these may change depending on pending transfers.
    This is the Betfair odds
    Middlesborough 7/1
    Aston Villa 7/2
    Norwich City 9/1
    Fulham 9/1
    Hull City 11/1
    Sheff Wed 11/1
    Derby County 14/1
    Sunderland 14/1
    Reading 14/1
    Leeds Utd 14/1
    Wolves 14/1
    Sheff Utd 22/1

Look at all the teams on 14/1 !

My prices were taken off Betfair and Aston Villa have never been 7/2. Tonight they are 7/1 with Middlesborough on 8/1/ and Hull are 17/1. Wolves are currently priced at 13/1 with Leeds at 16/1. Fulham have had their odds cut to 9/1/.

Quote Originally Posted by abbobrom View Post
    My prices were taken off Betfair and Aston Villa have never been 7/2. Tonight they are 7/1 with Middlesborough on 8/1/ and Hull are 17/1. Wolves are currently priced at 13/1 with Leeds at 16/1. Fulham have had their odds cut to 9/1/.
    It's me with a typo error I'm sorry. It's easy to git the wrong key. I should have written them down first instead of going from webpage to webpage. I will go and stand in the corner with me hands on me head.

Wolves have dropped to 9/1 on Betfair!!!!!!!!!
    Last edited by kensleftfoot; 05-07-2017 at 11:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by kensleftfoot View Post
    It's me with a typo error I'm sorry. It's easy to git the wrong key. I should have written them down first instead of going from webpage to webpage. I will go and stand in the corner with me hands on me head.

Wolves have dropped to 9/1 on Betfair!!!!!!!!!
    Can't understand how they have put us at 9/1 ken.

You will have the usual suspects in the hunt plus 2 out of the 3 relegated clubs before us.

Quote Originally Posted by Newcy Wolf View Post
    Can't understand how they have put us at 9/1 ken.

You will have the usual suspects in the hunt plus 2 out of the 3 relegated clubs before us.
    Yeah Newcy, that's pretty much where it is at. Villa are the favs at 13/2, Borough are right up their arse at 7/1, Fulham are at 8/1, with Norwich and Sheff Wed at 10/1 while we have dropped to 12/1 which may have something to do with Costa being out till October. Basically Newcy the bookies don't know who is gonna win the league when the favs are 13/2.
    But I have a good feeling about our manager, just by the way he tried out 3 at the back which was successful. I guess I'm saying he is stylish, he gets into the players heads and they seem 'genuially' excited about the 'new way of doing things', concentrating on their abilities/or good parts of their game seems to have been said by a few players. So I have put a tenner each way on the Wolves now we have drifted to 12s. Get yer money on ladies and gents!!!
    Last edited by kensleftfoot; 13-07-2017 at 05:22 PM.

The bookies have just taken a bit of notice.....favourite or 2nd favorites with some of them now. Can't believe I forgot about the prediction yesterday!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)