+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: O/T emergency care changes, Rotherham

Millmoor you talk total crap.

Every single time I went to that centre the waiting room was full of gypsies, they must be the sickest people in the world.

Money runs out for drop-in centres because they are overwhelmed by immigrants legal and illegal, same thing happened in Barnsley, had to close after 3 months because all the year's budget had gone.

But no, nothing to do with immigrants just like the housing crisis and 3 week wait to see a GP are nothing to do with immigrants, you're not fooling anyone.

Have to say last time I used the walk in centre there were more shall we say European people than brits.

On another note the new A and E dept is very well equipped and more importantly they have privately screened bays as I found out last Friday when I got admitted. None of the old curtains around your trolley where all and sundry could here your private details.

With the walk in centre now at the hospital it should remove all the fools and time wasters who used A and E as a walk in and hopefully it will free more valuable time for the great medical staff to treat 'genuine' A and E issues.

Quote Originally Posted by great_fire View Post
    Millmoor you talk total crap.

Every single time I went to that centre the waiting room was full of gypsies, they must be the sickest people in the world.

Money runs out for drop-in centres because they are overwhelmed by immigrants legal and illegal, same thing happened in Barnsley, had to close after 3 months because all the year's budget had gone.

But no, nothing to do with immigrants just like the housing crisis and 3 week wait to see a GP are nothing to do with immigrants, you're not fooling anyone.
    Haha, i've already stated that the number of immigrants obviously has an impact you muppet, the facts are, as ive already stated, immigration provides a Nett contribution to the UK, the fact is that the government hasn't used that money to buid new houses/schools/hospitals to accommodate the extra amount of people using them, FACT, and has consistently underfunded for years and years.....

hope this improves the service last time Mrs needed Emergency care it was a epic fail here. it left Mrs in ICU Then i spent 5+yrs on a negligence claim which was won. no good to me in that time Mrs Died. ill never use the place again for Emergency Care. chit hole

Problem with the NHS is, as people don't pay for it at point of service they are fooled into thinking it's free, and put up with what is a substandard service, lagging far behind other Western countries.

Quote Originally Posted by great_fire View Post
    Problem with the NHS is, as people don't pay for it at point of service they are fooled into thinking it's free, and put up with what is a substandard service, lagging far behind other Western countries.
    Most people arent 'fooled' only an ignorant halfwit would think that....this 'substandard' service, i wonder what our doctors and nurses think of your opinion of them?

Proof that an empty vessel makes the most noise.

NHS has similar cancer outcomes to Czech Republic and Slovenia, lags way behind Western Europe.

I am not sure that I agree with great fire re all his anti immigrant stuff but this is my view after more than 30 years experience as an NHS doctor.

Clearly immigration does indeed put an extra strain on our NHS.

It's also my experience that expectations of East Europeans are quite demanding eg they expect investigations earlier than the indigenous population presumably from their previous health care experience eg back pain..expectation is MRI scan as opposed to 'watchful waiting'
    The point about a free at point of delivery service,derided by MMMagic is spot on and the vast majority of doctors that I speak to agree with great fire on this.

He is also correct about the low standard of care provided by the NHS which is an evidenced based opinion supported by us being near the bottom of just about every outcomes league table

The NHS is providing a service to all which is a good feature but unfortunately it is a substandard service.

If we believe in the NHS and we want to keep it then the answer is quite simple.

The government need to increase taxes and ring fence the increase for the NHS only and maybe then we will have an NHS that is fit for purpose.

At present we are expecting a Rolls Royce at Dacia prices..It doesn't happen!
    Last edited by kempo; 05-07-2017 at 08:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by kempo View Post
    I am not sure that I agree with great fire re all his anti immigrant stuff but this is my view after more than 30 years experience as an NHS doctor.

Clearly immigration does indeed put an extra strain on our NHS.

It's also my experience that expectations of East Europeans are quite demanding eg they expect investigations earlier than the indigenous population presumably from their previous health care experience eg back pain..expectation is MRI scan as opposed to 'watchful waiting'
    The point about a free at point of delivery service,derided by MMMagic is spot on and the vast majority of doctors that I speak to agree with great fire on this.

He is also correct about the low standard of care provided by the NHS which is an evidenced based opinion supported by us being near the bottom of just about every outcomes league table

The NHS is providing a service to all which is a good feature but unfortunately it is a substandard service.

If we believe in the NHS and we want to keep it then the answer is quite simple.

The government need to increase taxes and ring fence the increase for the NHS only and maybe then we will have an NHS that is fit for purpose.

At present we are expecting a Rolls Royce at Dacia prices..It doesn't happen!
    And that is the best idea to me. If the government said they were increasing everyone's tax by (and I don't know how much this would raise so it is just an arbitrary figure) say, 1%, with the GUARANTEE that EVERY penny was pumped into the NHS, I am sure that more people would agree to pay for it than not pay for it.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123