+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: What now for Mee, Tarkowski and Kev Long?

You are right as always Primitive. The victim could be making it all up and a not guilty verdict given.

The judge will have a difficult decision to make. Whether to believe a man fleeing from danger or a group of thugs intent on physical harm. Unless you are aware of any other witnesses who saw it and are willing to testify in court.

I am happy to wait and see
    Last edited by thedonz; 05-07-2017 at 01:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    Pretty much how I see it sinkov, except Long will be bursting to play!
    I've no doubt he will be BT, along with half-a-dozen others. He'll just have to live with it, or ask for a transfer.

Quote Originally Posted by thedonz View Post
    You are right as always Primitive. The victim could be making it all up and a not guilty verdict given.

The judge will have a difficult decision to make. Whether to believe a man fleeing from danger or a group of thugs intent on physical harm. Unless you are aware of any other witnesses who saw it and are willing to testify in court.

I am happy to wait and see
    I sense a hint of sarcasm in your post.

You didn't seem happy to wait and see yesterday when you said there was no doubt he pulled the bloke out of the cab and threatened to kill him. The claim that he threatened him has been cast into doubt today with the news that it was never mentioned in any of his previous five statements to the police.

Maybe he's guilty, maybe not, but I hope the jury aren't as quick to jump to conclusions as you appear to have been.

A four day Crown Court trial does not normally give much to fret about. A high profile footballer in the dock is generating the interest.

Just hope the jurors are all Irish footie fans!

The jury may find Hendrick not guilty and as I posted I am happy to wait and see.

Maybe the taxi driver will testify that Hendrick was trying to help the man get away from his mates and was helping him out of the cab for a quick getaway.

Hendrick needs to choose his mates more carefully in future.

If the threat to kill is now in doubt that may be one less thing for Hendrick to worry about.

The guy says he can't remember anything about events leading up to the alleged incident, however, he remembers everything about what happened afterwards.
    This smacks of the days when I used to go out with two Burnley players for a drink after a match and we used to get waylaid by some 'fans' or otherwise who just wanted to cause aggro. It always put the lads in a strange situation and spoiled the night out.

No excuse for violence on anyones part as far as Hendrick and his mates are concerned, however, there are two sides to every story.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)