+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Jordan Ibe

Jordan Ibe

Rumours of Jordon Ibe making a return, now that would be nice.

Quote Originally Posted by Manofpride View Post
    Rumours of Jordon Ibe making a return, now that would be nice.
    Not so sure MoP. Could certainly do a job at our level but I always thought he was a bit overrated. I know he cost Bournemouth £15m but that was robbery/superb business by Liverpool. Personally I wouldn't want to spend much more than a fifth of that for him...maybe a season long loan?

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    Not so sure MoP. Could certainly do a job at our level but I always thought he was a bit overrated. I know he cost Bournemouth £15m but that was robbery/superb business by Liverpool. Personally I wouldn't want to spend much more than a fifth of that for him...maybe a season long loan?
    On a totally vindictive and bitter note, if we COULD get him for 5m wouldn't it be reassuring that it isn't just Derby who take a bath on signings

His old Team mates back here now too! Would he cost more than what Huddersfield paid for Ince. I for one would prefer Ibe out of the two!

If Ibe had of stayed all season when we had him we'd have probably gone up! My honest opinion.

Definitely think he'd be a good signing.

Pretty sure it will be a loan if true.

Ibe was our star player when he was on loan from Liverpool and if they didn't take him back due to having it in his loan agreement we could of went on to win promotion. If we were to get him again on loan, we make sure he doesn't have a return policy if he is in good form and we keep him to the end of the season.

My dad was a big fan and heavily criticised not being able to keep hold of him,, i was never that bothered at the time and thought ince was a much better fit... safe to say that wasnt the case in the end,, despite inces goals weve become toothless up top the past 2 seasons tbh, too reliant on moments of brilliance from ince himself or martins goals.

Ibe would be a good signing for the way we're likely to set up, more direct and quick, which suits our full backs and vydra in particular (if he does start), will mean wingers like ibe and che adams needed,, ince slows down our play and unless he does something weve become easily stifled by good tactics fròm the opposition

Rowett saw enough in his first 10 games and our signings and targets have been very good in getting it changed. Even the sales of hughes and ince have been eye opening,, hughes and ince arent suited to the style we will likely play next season. No good in shoehorning them into systems that will stifle us, rowett is a thinker.

I'd be happy. He's a dangerous player in this league who makes things happen, his pace is something we've lacked out wide for a long time.

Dawkins next

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)