+ Visit Sheffield United FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Interesting read

Interesting read

Taken from 442 about the mental toughness of youngsters and what clubs are and should be doing,I'd like to see us do something like the pigs are doing (didn't know danni cadamarteri was in charge of their u18s) something similar to the outward bounds course I was sent on as a young apprentice to develop teamwork and communication skills,it's still relevant today

It's a good read with interesting ideas

https://www.fourfourtwo.com/performa...-young-players

Cadamarteri is no longer at SWFC. Gone to Burnley apparently. I bet their U18's are thrilled with that news!

Remember that Warnock documentary ,where Danny turned up on match day feeling rough,and had to dash to the toilet to empty his stomach,leaving behind a perplexed Neil?

Quote Originally Posted by BlockD View Post
    Remember that Warnock documentary ,where Danny turned up on match day feeling rough,and had to dash to the toilet to empty his stomach,leaving behind a perplexed Neil?
    Good job it weren't me emptyin my stomach,the place wudda been flooded,i thought i'd say it before Blockers did.UTCB

Quote Originally Posted by RonnieWaldock View Post
    Cadamarteri is no longer at SWFC. Gone to Burnley apparently. I bet their U18's are thrilled with that news!
    Don't know when it was done Ronnie it most probably a while ago it's not a publication I subscribe to

Quote Originally Posted by bulmer1889 View Post
    Don't know when it was done Ronnie it most probably a while ago it's not a publication I subscribe to
    He does seem an odd choice to be in charge of acadamy players considering his past record.
    Perhaps he has learned from his own mistakes and warns the youngsters accordingly.
    In which case, he could be a good choice I suppose.

I never went on any 'team building' that didn't end with me wanting to kill one of my colleagues. I never understood this whole 'we want everyone has to like everyone' thing. You can work and play quite happily with someone you don't like. Some of my best working relationships have been with people I didn't want to see outside of work, ever...

Anyway...

For youngsters, getting them outside their environment for confidence and skill building is a good thing. My kids are all products of Scouting (and good parenting) and are confident, respectful, resourceful, good young citizens, able to play in the team or take charge of it as necessary. I strongly recommend it to any parent. See I really do 'know best'...!

Quote Originally Posted by FatherKnowsBest View Post
    I never went on any 'team building' that didn't end with me wanting to kill one of my colleagues. I never understood this whole 'we want everyone has to like everyone' thing. You can work and play quite happily with someone you don't like. Some of my best working relationships have been with people I didn't want to see outside of work, ever...

Anyway...

For youngsters, getting them outside their environment for confidence and skill building is a good thing. My kids are all products of Scouting (and good parenting) and are confident, respectful, resourceful, good young citizens, able to play in the team or take charge of it as necessary. I strongly recommend it to any parent. See I really do 'know best'...!
    .............never in any doubt FKB - Blades Mad's no.1 fount of knowledge and wisdom

Font even

Quote Originally Posted by bulmer1889 View Post
    Font even
    font...fount..............splitting hairs bully

Quote Originally Posted by Ayamonteblade View Post
    .............never in any doubt FKB - Blades Mad's no.1 fount of knowledge and wisdom

...and all Blades....bless 'em!

Quote Originally Posted by FatherKnowsBest View Post
    ...and all Blades....bless 'em!
    all 12 of us