+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Kari Arnason

Quote Originally Posted by afc1903mad View Post
    Hear Hear
    Fantastic post.
    Agreed! Great post Neilthedon!

I’m going to do the Pittodrie tour and check out the latest 2nd placed trophy. Get my photo with it
    Neilthedon you are trying to be tongue and cheek. But a lot of what you said is true. Considine is sh@te and always has been, O’Conner was always sh@te, Logan wasn’t near as good as he has been and cost goals by poor positioning a lot, Christie did go AWOL, Lewis did have a couple of clangers and was nowhere near as commanding (he was back to himself after his injury) and McInnes did make a c@nt of many games too. ***** games at that
    We also scored less goals than usual and our football was pretty f@cking dire most of the time, there were a few exceptions which made it all the more annoying. The potential was there but it was not utilized
    If you are happy enough to settle for that than fair enough you can enjoy it with all the rest that think coming second every season is what we should aspire too. But last season we only came second by 9 because celtic were so poor (7 draws and a defeat at home). A poor celtic we will not see for a long time.If there was a bit a bravery and belief shown last season you never know what could have happened. But there wasn’t.
    Last season wasn’t a success. Not close
    I will move on but next . Next season needs to be an improvement and what a way to start it. Our cojones better be on show on day one
    As for Kari, good luck at the world cup min.

Edit-why the **** is v.i.t.a.l on the sweary list
    Last edited by Pacman1903; 17-06-2018 at 05:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nae Huns View Post
    **** him like!!
    First time I seen h get the Hall he punts it long ball into the box!
    Yet he slagged The Scottish game and saidiit was all long balls!!
    Exactly what I thought when I watched the game last night.
    All they did was punt long balls out of defence, so why was it supposedly different in Scotland?

Now I know we aren't Brazil 1970 (like Hibs and Killie were according to the MSM) but we certainly weren't any worse than Iceland were last night....

Quote Originally Posted by Pacman1903 View Post
    But last season we only came second by 9 because celtic were so poor (7 draws and a defeat at home). A poor celtic we will not see for a long time.If there was a bit a bravery and belief shown last season you never know what could have happened. But there wasn’t.
    Celtic won at a canter.
    Even if we had a record breaking season (we were only 3 points away from that), Celtic would likely have changed gear and shown more focus.
    Not that we should not try, but your forgetting the ability for them to improve as well.
    They coasted, which led to complacency, but if a challenge was there, they’d up their game, easily in my opinion.

Celtic won at a canter.
    Even if we had a record breaking season (we were only 3 points away from that), Celtic would likely have changed gear and shown more focus.
    Not that we should not try, but your forgetting the ability for them to improve as well.
    They coasted, which led to complacency, but if a challenge was there, they’d up their game, easily in my opinion.
    I disagree. They are all about records and they have said that themselves. Losing the unbeaten home record to us will grate them no end. They were poor last season. Absolutely no doubt about it. So do you think they were not trying when they were being booed off the park by the hordes draw after draw? Do you reckon the deliberately didn't up their game to appease their fans when the were restless v Kilmarnock or St Johnstone. Pretty sh@tey attitude and ripping off the fans if true. I don't believe that the way that club goes about its buisiness

I disagree. They are all about records and they have said that themselves. Losing the unbeaten home record to us will grate them no end. They were poor last season. Absolutely no doubt about it. So do you think they were not trying when they were being booed off the park by the hordes draw after draw? Do you reckon the deliberately didn't up their game to appease their fans when the were restless v Kilmarnock or St Johnstone. Pretty sh@tey attitude and ripping off the fans if true. I don't believe that the way that club goes about its buisiness
    Indeed they were terrible PAC, even with their ugly sister back now for the past two seasons they only won 2 consecutive trebles......I’m trying to think off the team that ran them closest, regardless, they have just spent £10M on a player and their ugly sister £5M on 2 defenders, I’m sure our esteemed chairman will back our current coach albeit in a lesser scale......won’t he?
    If we finish second yet again imho we have done well, sadly that is a fact, we are still and will always be the last team to have won the title outwith the ugly sisters unless our current chairman behaves in a manner like Mr Donald.

SF

You can disagree if you want, that’s your right.
    It was however pretty evident that Celtic had different gears depending on who they played.

You can disagree if you want, that’s your right.
    It was however pretty evident that Celtic had different gears depending on who they played.
    So when Celtic hammer us they’re trying but if some other team takes points off them they’re not? I take it you think the same for the Huns?

Quote Originally Posted by Mason89 View Post
    So when Celtic hammer us they’re trying but if some other team takes points off them they’re not? I take it you think the same for the Huns?
    Do you not recognise the increased effort Celtic apply to certain games?
    Beat the huns 4-0 and 5-0 but get beat from Hibs in between. A game that applied pressure on both us and the Huns.
    What’s their excuse from dropping and raising their standards?

Quote Originally Posted by neilthedon View Post
    It`s really quite amazing how e finished second again given how many poor players we have !!

A team in transition, losing our most effective attacker in Hayes. Christie playing for half a season ( as a show pony ) Rooney NOt getting a start or being played out wide. McGinn gone, then back but not firinig on all cylinders. Greg Stewart too slow and fat, May all over the place and unable to gel or score. Logan off form. O Conner ,...sheeeite ( ?! ) . Considine, .....you fill your own description in pls , Ball rubbish. McLean rubbish because he didn`t grow a moustache. And Lewis , hells teeth even he had a bad game. One . And maybe a couple more glitches. And then there was that GMS. hot and cold. Not up to standard really.

Have I missed anything out ? Oh Aye. McInnes. Jeeeezzz. Wrong teams, poor planning, all his signings were duff. No visio, a Hun traitor. It`s all his fault.

Yet we still finished second....again !! Ah, but look at what we didin`t do in the Cups. we should have won two or more by now. He`ll have to go. There are loads of other managers out there with good or better records. We should have got Jack Ross. Or Jim McIntyre.

Right,. So that was last season. it`s done. It`s over. And we came second again.....eventually. We beat Celtic in Glasgow with Considine scoring . So a great last day.

But it`s all over. So come guys. Can we just move on , and look forward to supporting this really crappy team again next Season. We`ve already signed three players , ( who of course will be rubbish ) and we can look forward to getting another one or two in soon . From EL 1. Who`ll be rubbish. and a couple of loanees . They`ll be rubbish too.

I can`t wait. Bring it on. COYR !!!!
    Quite amusing that even the happy clappers see we would be a lot stronger with a better mentality which will give us a will to win things.
    The acceptance of 2nd place etc at Aberdeen is rife and will only lead to a downwards spiral.
    The Glasgow 2 have loads more money oh how can we compete will be the cries from the HC brigade. Give us peace and grow a set as Aberdeen can do a hell of a lot better than what a fair whack of you lot are accepting.
    What is the point of just making up the numbers and entering a competition if you don’t give yourself the best chance of winning it?
    Last edited by RED_JOHN; 17-06-2018 at 08:26 AM.

Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast