+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Kari Arnason

Quote Originally Posted by rico94 View Post
    He isn’t really having a pop at McInnes he is talking about the style of British football.
    I don't know...
    "The teams I've played for, it's been too hectic. It's just launching the ball forward as far as you can and trying to head the ball as far as you can.
    "I enjoyed my time with Aberdeen, but I didn't really enjoy the style of football."

Perhaps not blatantly singling out McInnes, it does sound like we're included and there is only one person telling the team to play in the style they do.

Quote Originally Posted by Donanddusted View Post
    I don't know...
    "The teams I've played for, it's been too hectic. It's just launching the ball forward as far as you can and trying to head the ball as far as you can.
    "I enjoyed my time with Aberdeen, but I didn't really enjoy the style of football."

Perhaps not blatantly singling out McInnes, it does sound like we're included and there is only one person telling the team to play in the style they do.
    Again that’s only half of what he said,

“We'll see what happens in the World Cup. I'm open to anything, apart from British football. I don't think I've got another season in me there."

“It's just the way football is played; they need to get with the times," he said. "They need to pass more and try to keep the ball.”

To be honest I wouldn’t hold it against him if he had a go at McInnes because he was made the scapegoat for the semi final when others were just as culpable,yes he made mistakes and got dropped when he did yet others also made mistakes yet for some reason didn’t get dropped.

Anyway it doesn’t matter now he’s gone,like I said before good luck to him in the World Cup.

Perhaps he would be a good shout to take over from McInnes, in the not to distant future.

He isn’t really having a pop at McInnes he is talking about the style of British football.

I read that interview the other week,the bbc have missed out the part he goes on about how Aberdeen will always be special to him as his son was born here and how he will miss the people and the city.

It’s a shame it didn’t work out for him,personally I still think he was a better option than O’Connor if he got a decent run in the team alongside McKenna but best of luck to him at the World Cup.
    That is far too objective for some on here, transparently they cherry pick from a long/honest interview to suit their own agenda......of which, should be our club doing well, sadly they predict losses/failures and in most cases thankfully they are wrong.....

SF

Quote Originally Posted by Jackjarvis View Post
    That is far too objective for some on here, transparently they cherry pick from a long/honest interview to suit their own agenda......of which, should be our club doing well, sadly they predict losses/failures and in most cases thankfully they are wrong.....

SF
    Anyone translate this? Cheers

Again that’s only half of what he said,

Anyway it doesn’t matter now he’s gone,like I said before good luck to him in the World Cup.
    You are correct. However, the quotes I reproduced relate directly to his views on his recent time at Aberdeen in particular.

Hey, it's open to interpretation and maybe I read too much into it.

But you know what? Those "happy clappers" are just as happy to shoot down anyone else's thoughts as quick as they surmise that others do to them.

Ach....what do I know.........I'll just mind my own business......no point having a viewpoint is there, other people have the high ground....I'll surrender to them gallantly and retreat to the bar.

WTF

Quote Originally Posted by Mason89 View Post
    Anyone translate this? Cheers
    For the resident troll, that is an improvement in restraint regarding response, as you take note as per, you will know I’m away down to the harbour/riviera for a well earned pint/have banter and discuss where the Hive went wrong last night.....bookies can wait till they open tomorrow and golf will be fine tomorrow.......hopefully!

Take care

SF

You are correct. However, the quotes I reproduced relate directly to his views on his recent time at Aberdeen in particular.

But you know what? Those "happy clappers" are just as happy to shoot down anyone else's thoughts as quick as they surmise that others do to them.

Ach....what do I know.........I'll just mind my own business......no point having a viewpoint is there, other people have the high ground....I'll surrender to them gallantly and retreat to the bar.

WTF
    I think it's a dig because (from what I've heard) the two of them didn't actually like each other.

WTF
    What in the hell are you talking about?

You think he is having a go at McInnes in the interview and I don’t think he is,it’s a forum and it’s all about opinion,technically no one is wrong it would be more boring on here if we all agreed on everything.

For the record I agree with aldo I don’t think Arnason and McInnes liked each other but imo I don’t think he was having a go at him in the interview he was just talking about British football in general.

But I might be wrong, I have been many times before.

What in the hell are you talking about?

You think he is having a go at McInnes in the interview and I don’t think he is,it’s a forum and it’s all about opinion,technically no one is wrong it would be more boring on here if we all agreed on everything.

For the record I agree with aldo I don’t think Arnason and McInnes liked each other but imo I don’t think he was having a go at him in the interview he was just talking about British football in general.

But I might be wrong, I have been many times before.
    Sorry, rico94, I quoted you but my ramble wasn't actually directed at you.
    Absolutely. We are all entitled to our opinions.

Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast